seven

Intense. That was one word to describe what the entire game was like. Crenshaw was trying to prove a point and showing that Spencer wasn't one of them anymore, and Spencer was trying to prove that he didn't need them as much as they thought he did. The game was Beverly versus Crenshaw, but it seemed more like Crenshaw versus Spencer.

Spencer had just scored a touchdown, making the score an even 14-14, and coincidently, security came out and onto the field. Everyone started running, not wanting to be caught up with possible charges. Chris and Spencer stood in the field, but Alondra couldn't hear them from where she was standing.

Spencer ended up catching a ride with Jordan back to Beverly Hills, so Patience walked back with Coop and Alondra walked back with Grace. She lived like directly across the street, so it was the best and safest option considering where they live. Once they got onto their street, they saw red and blue lights, and once Alondra realized they were outside her house, she started sprinting.

When she got closer, she realize that not only was there a cop car, but there was a black van that said "ICE" in bold letters.  Grace didn't realize what was happening at first, but the crowd surrounding the house sure did.  "Hey!  What do you think you're doing?"

"Sending them back to Mexico."  Alondra felt her eyes sting, watching her older brothers get pulled off the sidewalk and led into the van.  She moved forward, trying to at least talk to them, but she was immediately shoved back.  "They came here illegally."

"So did your ancestors!  You can't just take them!  They've been here for 20 years and they've done nothing wrong!"  Alondra exclaimed.  "Mom!  Can I at least talk to them?  You're taking my entire family away!"  The neighbors all watched Alondra break down and as the officer hesitated before letting her run to Teresa.  She was in handcuffs, but Alondra still wrapped her arms around her.  "No sé qué hacer."  She cried, squeezing her mom like if she loosened, she'd slip away, or be taken away in this case.

"Yo sé.  Lo siento, mija.  Debería haber intentando más."

Alondra sniffled and shook her head.  "You did everything you could.  No hay nada que disculparse por."  She slightly pulled away, but only to wipe the tears off of her mom's face.  "Qué debo hacer?"

"No sé, mija.  No tenemos familia aquí."

Alondra looked towards the back of the van, where her brothers were sitting, but before she could even finish taking a first step, the cop said, "Times up." He pulled Alondra away from the door while Teresa was shoved in. Both were crying, but Alondra was putting up a fight, trying to get her family back.

Grace had to come forward and hug her, not being able to see her sob and yell out for her mom and brothers as they were being take away. Plus, she could see that she was about to be shoved, again. "You can't just take my family away from me!"

The cops ignored her cries, and continued to lock up the van before going around it and driving away.  Grace stood in the middle of the street holding onto Alondra, keeping her upright because as she cried, she was basically crumbling away. In the span of less than 10 minutes, she had her entire family ripped away from her, and she didn't know what she was supposed to do now.

× × ×

After everything that had happened, Alondra felt like the only way for her to be close to her family now was going home. So after she calm down and Grace made sure she was okay, she went back to her house. Her empty, lifeless house. It even still smelled like the tamales that were cooked early on in the day, but Alondra knew that smell would be gone soon enough.

She had two options: foster care, or a family member takes her in until she's 18. She didn't want to go to foster care, because that basically meant she wouldn't be seeing her family until she's 18. However, she has no other family. Her dad had left about 11 years ago, and they have no idea where he is. All they know is that he left because he was having an affair and wanted to marry her. She knew the government wouldn't do anything because her mom has been requesting child support for about six of those 11 years, and for some reason they couldn't find him.

Sitting alone in her house gave her a lot of time to think and it only made her sadder. So she went to her front porch and sat on the steps. She thought that would be better, but then she remembered that she used to play soccer in the front yard with her brothers while her mom watched from the same exact spot she was currently sitting in. Too caught up in her thoughts, laundry didn't realize that someone was walking up to the gate that went around her house.

When it was pushed open and it squeaked, that's when she looked up and saw the last person she thought would come over. Shawn stood there, his hands in his pockets with a concerned look on his face. "I heard about your family. You good?" He slowly took steps to her until he was sitting right beside her on her porch steps.

Alondra thought about lying, but she felt like she had so much weighing her down and she just had to let it out.  "No.  My entire family got taken away and I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do.  Sooner or later, CPS is gonna come and take me to some random family that's gonna pity me until I'm old enough to live on my own."

Shawn sighed, not really knowing what to do to comfort her. "Can anyone else take you in? Like Ms. Grace?"

"There's this whole process you have to do to become a foster parent, and CPS will be here in a few weeks once they find out I'm alone.  Plus Ms. Grace has too much on her plate already."

Shawn nodded and Alondra put her chin on her knees, already feeling like she was going to cry again.  "Remember that diner we all used to go to just to get milkshakes?"  Shawn had a small smile on his face as he reminisced, but Alondra kept her head in place as she nodded.  "Wanna go there?  I'll pay."

Alondra thought about it for a few seconds, and turned her head to look at Shawn. "Can I get a large glass?"

Shawn laughed a little, then nodded. "Yeah, you can get a large."

shoutout to Party of Five (WHICH GOT CANCELLED 😭😡) and Tony Padilla for the deportation idea 👁👄👁

ngl, shawn deserved better so he's gonna play a big part in helping Alondra 👁👅👁 but drop ya socials bc i want friends

30 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️