37

****

****

"Wake up, it has been too long." A whisper escaped her lips as she caressed his forehead. His eyes were shut closed, preventing it from seeing the cruelty of this world giving him a much required sleep. But the sleep was getting too prolonged, it felt like he was slipping away. Her brother was still in oblivion slumber, it has been more than three weeks.

Three weeks had passed to the day he was operated and to the war. Both didn't leave anything better, one had given them uncertainty of Sahir's life and other had taken too many lives. Though of enemies but still.

She got up and gently kissing his head smiled. As she kept looking him a cluster of emotions flooded her. A bittersweet feeling surfaced all other emotions making her wipe the lone tear. Taking a long breath she stepped outside and started moving towards the other room of the same hospital.

Mubashir's injuries weren't that bad but it took him really much time to heal. Zoheb was too injured and the man had refused to go even after he was healed a little. He had shrugged it off saying that he couldn't go to his wife in that condition knowing she would panic. It had amazed them all, first the fact that he was married and second that a man like him cared so much about someone.

It had been a week to his departure, and she had thanked him for helping so much. Everything was turning back to normal slowly. Mubashir's parent had returned few days back and having them around was helpful in overcoming the aftermath of the war for her.

She pushed the door of a room and entered only to frown seeing something not really pleasant. Mubashir was shirtless and the young nurse in front of him was holding his shirt as he tried to lift his injured hand. Though the nurse wasn't doing anything unacceptable she couldn't stop the frustration at bay. Reason was still unknown or maybe knowingly was made unknown.

"I will help him." She spoke in a stern voice making the two turn towards her. The nurse nodded and left after handing her the shirt. A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips seeing the clenched face of his wife as she approached him.

"You could have asked me." She spoke helping him slip into the sleeves of the shirt. He smirked more and spoke,

"You weren't here. Besides she was just helping." He could see her scowl as she started buttoning his shirt.

"Are you jealous?" He asked in a teasing tone making her look up with a raised eyebrow.

"No." She replied and before she could back he snaked his one arm around her waist. She looked up trying to decipher the meaning behind his act and smile. He pulled her more towards himself...leaving no gap in between.

"Just say you were jealous." He again teased making her eyes widen.

"No I was not. Will you leave now?" She asked. In reply just received a shake of head and wider grin. Sighing in irritation she tried to move back only to get more flushed into his hard chest. She could feel her breath hitched and heat flowing through her whole body.