14

***

Mubashir's pov

She was crying...her tears and sobs were like a lullaby in the eerily quiet room. Her hands were wrapped around me and mine around her. Never have I imagined us being in this kind of situation.

Whatever is happening is just so much that it is really getting hard for us to handle. I don't know where my parents are...I don't know how to protect my loved ones. Its getting irritating...I can't even protect my loved ones.

She has stopped crying...finally her pain is out...not completely. I wish I could really help them...I wish I was not like this...the one who couldn't even do a single thing.

"Ayesha..." I called her slowly...and she didn't respond. Her limp body was exerting it's whole weight on me and her breathings were even. She was asleep.

I carefully carried her to bed and tucked her in. Her face had a frown...peace and calmness was far from it.

I promise I will bring them back...

Taking a long breath I carefully came out of her room and moved descended down. The house was in utmost silence...the kind of silence before a storm.

As soon as I stepped in the lounge an old figure came into my view. His head was hung low...the Sultan Rafiq Shah was in his most vulnerable situation.

"Uncle..." I whispered softly and took a seat beside him.

He turned towards me abruptly as if brought back from a trance. His eyes had unshed tears and a distant look in it. A lot of mystery and a lot of pain.Those eyes had witnessed the horrible past of us.

"Mobi...why is this again happening with us?...why did she come back?" It is said that the pain in you comes out through your eyes and words. He was in pain...in agony.

"Uncle..I..I" what could I say...

"How can she ask for forgiveness when she was one amongst those who took my Zeenat away from me?" Each word that came out of his mouth was telling a different story...a story of pain...a story of sufferings and a story of loosing the one he loved the most. His wife...Zeenat Shah.

"She does not deserve to be forgiven...but we have to be strong...especially you. You are our strength." I spoke with all my might. I clearly remember aani Zeenat. The pureness in her eyes...her love and care everything. Even though I was merely a kid.

"Mobi forgive me child...once again because of me your family is in danger. I am the culprit for all your and my children's misery. Forgive me...please." As soon as he finished speaking his tears found their way out. How long could he control them.

"It's not your fault...its fate." How can he be at fault when he was the one who lost the most.

"We will come out of this together...as a family." I said and held his wrinkled hands.

"We will Insha Allah(if Allah wishes)....what about the meeting?" He asked.

"We should go there now..Bilal amd Hamid have organized everything." I spoke.

"Where are Ayesha and Sahir?" He asked.

"Ayesha is sleeping and I think we should leave Sahir alone for sometime."

"Yeah that would be better...let's go. They don't know theor worst nightmare's will be knocking their doors soon." Sulatn's dominating voice echoed in the silent house. The lion was awake and now it was turn for the dogs to hide themselves.

_________________

"Do we have any news on their location?" Sultan's loud voice spoke in the warehouse where every important member of Sultanat was present.