16

***

Almost 10 minutes earlier Ayesha had left the hospital and unlike other days there was some uneasiness troubling him. He glanced towards his mother who was praying. Without disturbing her he went outside the room.

The long corridor was eerily silent. The silence sometimes is soothing but this one was not. It seemed to be irritating. Taking baby steps he reached towards his father's room.

Father...a person who had taught him almost everything...that's what everyone's father do. He would save him from all the demons and cruelty. He would make him laugh in pain. He would teach him to be strong and kind.

"Always remember my child, Be kind and always be thankful for what you have." Iqbal Khan would say and he would listen to this each time with more concentration.

Slowly touching the glass he sighed as if touching his father.

"Baba...get up please."

A low sob escaped his lips. His head moved down and tears of pain found their way out.

"I need you...please get up."

"You say Allah always prayers from heart. Baba I prayed with all my heart. I prayed...will he listen to me?"

Like a child he questioned in hope that his father would open his eyes and answer him. Yet none happened.

Wiping his tears he moved towards the only window in the corridor. The moonlight was the thing which drawn him towards itself. Again the uneasiness was back. As if he was about to go through something bad. As if a huge storm was to approch. As if someone dear to him needed him.

His phone's ring brought him out of his trance. Ayesha's name was flashing on the screen.

"Hello..." He spoke yet nothing was said and then suddenly he heard a gunshot.

He felt as if the ground beneath him swept away. He could hear his wildly beating heart. Not again...

"Hello Ayesha...speak...hello..."

------------------------

Ayesha's mind was a total havoc. Wandering from a thing to another. When she slept she didn't know but the way she woke up was no less than a nightmare.

They were surrounded by their rivalry. She could see four cars around her. Her own car was locked but she knew this couldn't protect her. Dialing Mubashir's number she could see a bunch of people coming out of the car. Her heart beat was accelerating fast.

She was praying for him to pick up call but suddenly the car's window shattered into pieces making her turn around and flinch in pain. She could feel warm liquid running down her forehead.

"Get out you b***h." The person who broke the glass spat.

Leaving the phone on the seat she took out her gun slowly.

"Get out..."

"No..." The guard shouted yet all went in vain as he himself was on gun point.

The person grabbed hed hair taking it in his fist and jerked her up. Immense pain travelled throughout her body. Each ounce of her being prayed for him to come. He again pulled her hair making her turn towards him and in a blink of eye a bullet had already pierced through his head. His body collapsed near the car making the other person turn towarda her.

"You bi-" another gunshot echoed in the air and another body laied lifeless near the car.

"move the car and don't stop...." She commanded in loud voice and on a cue the car zoomed past the other cars.