Chapter 45: Not even a half

I stand next to Lucas. He gave me a nervous look and I can't stop laughing at his expression.

"You know that won't work on me."

"Nothing wrong with trying," he said.

"Whenever you're ready," Henry spoke.

I gave Lucas a nod telling him he can do it. He took a deep breath and read the lines. He was finally acting as the character and I can't help but admire him for that. I did make the right choice urging him to come.

At some point, we both got immersed in the character that it seems we are not acting at all. Lucas ad-libbed some lines and to not break the moment I played along.

"Wow if I didn't know any better I would think the two of them are lovers."

"They both look great for each other."

"Just think that Laila even admitted she wrote the role for him"

There were whispers among the crew but we both ignored them as we continue. Lucas then holds my hand pulling me closer to him.

"Enough!" a thunderous voice snapped us back to reality.

"Wow, that was amazing!" Henry complimented Lucas trying to dispute the rage of the man beside him.

I put on a smug look and stared directly at Jer, "I told you he's perfect for the role."

"Fine, you wrote the role for him but still, we need to see what the others can offer as well" Henry already had decided but for the sake of not angering Jer more, he acted as the meditator.

"It's okay. It's already an honour that I get to act along with the famous writer" Lucas stated, his grip still on me.

"Thank you for that amazing performance, Lucas. We'll just call you for any updates" I hugged him before parting.

He whispered in my ears, " Laila I think I'll be dead meat tonight. Your boyfriend is shooting daggers at us."

I chuckled, "I'll protect you. That's what he gets for provoking me."

"Please don't drag me into your lovers' quarrel." he pleaded.

"Don't worry. I'll also help clean up that scandal." with that, he pulls away from me and looked at me with admiration. I flicked my fingers at his forehead. " We're friends. It's the least I can do if I want you in my films."

I can sense he was truly happy at my statement. Forgetting the brooding man at the table he hugged me tightly and kissed me on the cheek which surprises everyone. Realizing what he'd done I quickly urge him to go now.

He left immediately and I went back to my seat. Henry had that amused look on his face. He raised an eyebrow before taking a look at Jer beside him. I wanted to laugh so badly, Jer's face was red with rage. If looks could kill I would definitely be dead right at the spot.

I stifle my laughter as I sat down. An idea pops into my head, I took a sip at the coffee, making sure I made a satisfying sound. Henry's mouth agape as he figured out what I was doing.

"Throw that out" Jer ordered, his face livid. I ignored him as I continue to drink. I counted three..... Two...... One

Jer stood up and snatched the drink away from me but it was useless as it was almost empty. He throws the drink in the trash can. He then rummaged through my bag and took out my alcohol He squirted a whole lot on his palm and then rubbed it on my hands and my clothes.

"What the hell!" I complained as I try to push him away.

"I just don't want you to be contaminated by that guy's virus. Where else did he touch you?" he was acting childishly. He sniffs making sure I don't smell like Lucas.