Chapter 37: Laila and Mr Malarkey are having a fight.

Laila POV

"Both of you will stay there for three days. They'll also ask to have a separate interview of you two. I believe you had watched some previous episodes to get an idea about what will happen."

Tina's voice filled the car as we drive to the location. She's been going on and on about stuff reminding us about the program.

"You two can just act normal, like what you always do though you'll just have to stay in one roof together" Tina continued on.

"It will be like the times you stayed at my penthouse," Jer playfully pinched my cheek. He raised his right eyebrow hinting that he remember something from before.

It took me a couple of seconds to realize what he mean, "You!"

My eyes widen at the thought. He laughed seeing my reaction. He holds my hand and placed a kiss on it to appease me. "I promise I won't do it."

"Well, I guess this would be easy for the two of you," Tina muttered.

"Remind me again why I was invited here. I'm not even a celebrity, "I complained.

"Most of the viewers are your fans. After you both admitted to being in a relationship they all asked the directors to put the two of you on the show. Plus this will be the first time someone of the status like Mr Malarkey will be on it." she explained in a bored tone I always used.

"We are almost there boss," Gin said.

After a moment we arrive at the place. It was just on the outskirt of the town. The place was surrounded by trees. We pass by a couple of houses with a camera crew outside. When the car stopped, crews had gathered holding cameras ready to record our every movement.

"Guess it starts now," I muttered.

"I won't follow you there. The director will take care of everything. I'll see you after three days." Tina said to me. She gave me a reassuring smile.

Gin opened the door for us and I could already hear loud noises.

"Ready?" Jer asked me.

I took a deep breath before I nod my head. He took a hold of my hand tightly as he lead me out of the car. Crews had gathered around us. Gin had taken out are luggage and given it to us.

I looked at Jer for a moment before going on ahead towards our location. I smiled at the people around us and waved at them. I felt pain in my hand as Jer squished it. I looked at him and was surprised that he seems to be glaring.

What's wrong with him? I wondered.

Once we got inside the house, the director welcomed us.

"Miss Condes, Mr Malarkey," he held out his hand which we took for a shake. "Finally good to see the two of you. I'm sure Miss Condes fans will love this."

"You can just call me Laila," I told him.

"Okay Laila, I'm sure you two are going to have fun doing this with us. Now I want to remind you that there are cameras all set up inside the house. You don't have to worry about it, ofcourse we didn't put any on the shower." he told us.

I walked around and saw he was right. There are cameras everywhere. Even inside the ref, there is one that I started counting all.

"I don't know if you'll find us worth it for the viewers," Jer joked with the director.

"Oh I'm sure just you two are interesting enough to them," the director replied.

"I bet they want to know what the famous businessman like you do at home and he's been captive by this beautiful creature," one of the crew said.

I can see the dark aura emitting out of Jer because of his comment. By this time I was back beside Jer.

"Let's just say that he was the first one to put a love potion on my drink," I teased. I winked at the person who just commented which Jer obviously saw.

He was about to say something when the director laughed, "Did you all manage to film that?"

The cameraman all nodded.

"Well, we'll leave the two of you alone for a while. We will attend to the other participants. You can look around the house first," the director told us before leading the crew out.

Once they were gone I slumped down into the sofa. Jer stood in front of me with a deathly glare that can kill me if it actually can.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Did you just wink at that guy?" he questioned. His arms crossed.

"Did I?" I taunted. I had to admit I'm having fun seeing his reaction.

"Laila may I remind you that you have a boyfriend," he put out. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're being childish," I commented.

"Well, my girlfriend was flirting with other guys so what you expect me to do?" he raged on.

"I'm not flirting. Was it wrong to be friendly?" I defended. I'm starting to regret this decision of being under the same roof, twenty-four seven.

"I let it pass the last time at the office. I should make sure you won't see that guy again," he was about to go out and talk to whoever will listen to his stupid dilemma.

"You haven't changed a bit. This is like five years ago," I snapped at him. "You are being unreasonable and stupid that you make me wonder how come can you manage your family business."

We were both quiet after that. We just stood there having a staring contest for a while.

"Five years ago, maybe yes I'm being stupid but," he was the first to break the silence. "right now I'm just scared of losing you again."

There was that again. That expression makes me question my sanity about everything. Makes me doubt my resolve of leaving him five years ago.

Director's POV

"Well, now all we have to do is give them their mission for the day."

I told my staff. We just finished visiting the three pairs of couples. All of them are famous in certain fields though two are particularly special cases.

"Boss," I heard my assistant shout. I looked up and saw her running towards me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She stops and holds on to her chest as she catches her breath, "Laila and Mr Malarkey are having a fight."

"What?" my eyes widen.

She then told me to follow her to the surveillance room. I run with her, by the time we got there Laila and Mr Malarkey are done arguing. Both of them are busy looking around the house.

"What were they fighting about?" I asked.

"Seems like he got mad at what happened before we left them," she explained to me. She then replayed what had occurred and showed me.

Who would have guessed that the two of them will fight first thing because of just a simple thing? I bet their supporters will be shocked watching this.

"Arrange their separate interview and have the clip to the editor already. That will be a good clip to pique interest." I instructed my assistant.

"What's funny is that Laila doesn't show interest in him," she stated.

"Why is that?"

"Well, based on the previous couples we had on the show, every time the boyfriend got jealous the girlfriend will sweet talk to ease the boyfriend's worry. But that doesn't seem the case to them," she explained to me.

Huh? Now I got interested in the two of them.