Ch 8

I woke up to her looking me in the eyes. I was so startled

"Jesus.. YOU CANT JUST DO THAT I WAS SLEEPING"

"Tell me what really happened"

"huh" I was confused

"Yeah tell me the truth"

I soon realized what she was talking about, I'd never seen her look at me in such a serious way.

"Oh well that dream you had, it wasn't really a dream! I hurt you and you have no idea how horrible I felt when I did! I immediately carried you to my bed hoping you wouldn't remember. And although you did pass out, I tried playing it off as something that wasn't that" I looked down in shame

"So what's his name?"

"I don't really know nor do I care, he's just a pet to me"

"You know this is fucking insane, and you're definitely going to regret doing this to me" she grimaced

"Savanna please" I held my hand out, but she slapped it away

"I was never going to hurt you, I wanted to spend more time with you, like go on a second date, and even a third until maybe we started dating. This was not supposed to happen"

"Why did you even want me when you already had company"

"Like I said he's literally just a pet to me, you on the other hand, I hoped that you'd be more than a friend in the future, but look at what I've done"

I wanted to cry. I never cried, it just wasn't something I couldn't do, but these strong emotions were filling my head up. Tears began rolling down my cheeks. Suddenly I felt something, it was Savanna. She was holding my hand.

"I think, I believe you.. but you need to let me go"

"No I don't think I trust you enough, you could turn me in to the police"

"How do I make you trust me"

"I have something planned and you have to do as I say, and when that happens is when I'll know ok?"

"And until then?"

"Ah yes I'm going to need your social security, the password to your phone and the names of people who would come looking for you since you're not seeing the light for a while"

Once we finished phoning the important people in her life that she was taking a spontaneous trip to Japan, I think it was time for the next phase.

I leaded puppy back into the cage with her.

"Puppy, this is Savanna.. my friend. You guys are going to be sharing a room for a while" he immediately growled at her, but it only gave him a heavy backhand.

"If you even think about hurting her mutt, I will end you." I saw the life leave his eyes and he began shaking. I could tell that she was also surprised by my aggression.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I wouldn't hurt you unless you gave me a reason to" I told Savanna

"Go ahead, put your hand on his head... he's all bark, no bite" I said. She touched him and he flinched, which made her pull her hand back. I gave puppy a stern glare, I had to establish my dominance or else he would go haywire.

"You'll be safe, I promise. And if he hurts you, you tell me alright?"

She nodded

"Thank you for not actually killing me..."

"I don't think I could do that love, I think you'd pun your way out of death"

She laughed

I could tell that puppy was extremely jealous with the way I would treat her, but they weren't on the same level.

I explained the run down of this whole thing and she got the hang of it pretty quick. The only difference between her and puppy is that she definitely had more rights than he would ever get to see for the rest of his short life.

Savanna was really important to me, and if she listened to me she would be upstairs with me before she knew it. I just really hoped that this would all work out because I was growing attached to her.

At this point, it was late. Both of them had already gone to the restroom and they both had the same dinner although I slipped Savanna a cookie. I kissed her good night and gave puppy extra pets. It was definitely time to settle down upstairs.

All I thought about was everything being okay with Savanna, and we would watch her favorite cartoons. That's all that was on my mind that night, and I went to sleep with that on my mind. She would definitely see that I was the one eventually.