Ch 7

I walked closer to the cracked door, and peeked in. She was standing in front of puppy's cage. I saw her messing with the lock in awe and managed to unlock it. Puppy was out of my view, but I could hear him heavily breathing.

"Oh my god" I heard her whisper

I opened the door slowly to make sure she didn't hear anything, but it creaked. She turned around and her eyes widened. At that moment, I quickly rushed behind her and held the knife to her throat.

"Santi, I swear you don't have to do this" she sounded distressed

"I don't know why you had to be so curious, Savanna"

"I just saw that the door was open, I swear I didn't mean anything of it" she was trembling

I signaled puppy out of the cage, poor thing was sitting on a wet spot. I held the door open with my foot, and shoved her in. I immediately locked the door, and attached puppy to his leash.

"Let's go" I tied him to the beam outside of the room

"You're going to have to be here for a bit until I figure this all out" I held my hand out and he licked it. I pet his head softly and went to go get some baby wipes to wipe him down. He was very obedient, but now I had someone else to deal with.

2 HOURS PASSED

I had already finished feeding puppy and took him out to use the restroom. I was pacing around the basement nervously, but I had to talk to her eventually. I had only thrown her in without any restraints, so I proceeded to get chains and handcuffs. I walked in expecting an avalanche of cuss words and yelling but she was passed out on puppies mattress holding his stuffed animals. I quietly unlocked the door then walked in to cuff her hands and feet. After that I put her in a collar and chained it to the wall, it was never meant to seem degrading, but I was scared of using force on her and hurting her. After I was finished, I walked out of the cage and locked it real good. I sat where I usually sit when puppy was eating, and waited for her to wake up. After a million times of saying "I'm a fucking idiot" to myself, she was finally awaking from her terror nap. I really didn't know what I was going to say.

"Hey sweetheart" I said softly

Her eyes widened again and she began yelling for her life. Of course it wasn't going to get her anywhere, with these thick walls. I sat and waited for her to realize that no one was going to hear.

"Savanna.. I really didn't mean for this to happen at all, I really liked what we had even if it had been only a week, I felt a nice connection. But after all of this I don't t think I can trust you"

She crawled to the glass and pressed her hand on it

"Please come in.. Santi I'm so cold" I hated hearing her like that

"I can't, I'm afraid of hurting you"

"Please, I pinky promise, I won't give you a reason to" she began tearing up and out of nowhere something hit me hard.

I walked towards the cage door and unlocked it, I left the keys outside on the table, and out of her reach. I walked towards her ever so cautiously. She held her hand up to mine and I kneeled down.

"I'm so sorry Savanna" I leaned in and gave her the tightest hug and I didn't want to let go. I don't know why I was letting emotions get the best of me. This had never happened to me. I held her for as long as I could without making it weird. I finally let go

I laid down on the mattress.

"C'mere sweetheart" I pulled her in close and kissed the back of her head. I couldn't stop apologizing for what I've done and what I knew I was going to do. I guess sleep got the best of me, and so I drifted away without a care on my mind. It was peaceful then, this is how I wanted it to be forever. However, I now knew I was never going to get that.