Chapter 13

Competition day. 

Not for us, but for the soccer players. For Alex.

The basketball players were supposed to hit the gym because we didn't have our game for the next two days. But I needed to watch Alex play.

'Hey coach do you think it's cool if we go to see the soccer team and their game this afternoon after gym, just to cheer them on?'

'Oh well I don't see why not. Just make sure all of you are back straight after. You all need the rest, even if the game's not for two days.'

And I headed back to my room to change into my gym clothes. I was sharing a room with Jeremy, so naturally the room was already a mess. He was never clean and I always ended up picking up after him. 

He wasn't in the room when I went to change, which means he was probably already out looking for girls he can charm in to getting into bed with him.

Alex's game was not for a few hours, so I just hit the hotel gym for about an hour and a half and got back to my room for a cold shower. 

I was feeling more than a little anxious about Alex's game tonight. I didn't know what I would say or do when I actually saw him. So for at least half an hour, I just stood in the shower thinking about Alex. Nothing specific about him -just him in general. As if trying to describe him to someone who's never seen him before: his gorgeous ocean blue eyes; his woody brown luscious waves that I've had the opportunity of weaving my fingers through more than once; his bare body that could drive an entire town mad with desire; his soft touch that just sent you melting into a puddle; the way his mouth just opened up to m-- 

My thoughts ended when a woman's giggle came from the other side of the door, along with Jeremy's voice.

Great.

I quickly dealt with the massive boner I had gotten, dried myself off and slipped into clean jeans and a white shirt.

Heading out the room, I tried to make it a point not to look towards Jeremy's bed at all. 

'Oh Jake hey, this is Amy. She works here.' I could almost hear the smirk on his face.

Silently laughing at his antics I grabbed my leather jacket and headed out the door.

'Have fun you two' I called out and shut the door behind me. 

It was only an hour till the game started so I chose to head towards the stadium, which was only about 10 minutes away from the hotel. I hopped into a crowded bus and rode standing to the stadium, while thinking about what the hell I would say to Alex.

And I was a the stadium in no time. It was a larger crowd than I imagined there would be, which I suppose was better since there would be a lesser chance of Alex actually spotting me. I didn't want him to see me. I didn't want to talk to him. I just wanted to watch him play. He's always been the most free when he was playing. He never cared if anyone was watching him or if he was playing bad (which was very rarely). It was always amazing seeing him play like he owned the world.

I got into the stadium and sat down at a rather quiet place and pulled outlay phone to scroll through instagram, until a loud horn blew from the other side of the stadium and the teams of both white and red ran into the stadium in two lines. The crowd cheered wildly as they ran into opposite directions towards their team sides. 

And there I saw Alex. He led the team in his perfectly fitted white kit, waving to the crowd as he did so. He loved the attention so much even if it wasn't on him entirely. 

And I couldn't help but smile as I watched him.

Then they played. It was one of the best matches I've watched Alex play before, and yet I knew he wasn't playing his best. I knew there was more to him. But in the end they won. The team ran towards Alex and lifted him on their shoulders and ran around the field. And I laughed so hard when he fell after struggling to break free from them.