Chapter 5

My Mom and Dad had always been too busy for me and Natalie. They were both successful business people and they earned a ton, but they never really had any time for me and my sister.

Natalie was two years younger than me. She was a cheerleader at Westside Prep, but believed that she was popular only because of me. But I knew that wasn't true.

See, Natalie was really pretty. She had boys dropping on their knees for her, but she had always been too oblivious to notice, which is a trait I've always loved about her. 

Although we never saw it, people have always told us that we're striking pictures if each other. Natalie and I both wavy and bouncy, light brown hair –and randomly we found blonde highlights streaking through. We both had dull green eyes and slightly tan skin. And of course we both had the same taste in music. And whenever I was growing through a fashion crisis, I always looked for her.

So through the years, Natalie and I had grown less reliant on our parents but more on each other. And naturally we became like best friends. I could tell her anything without her judging me and vice versa.

--------- Continuing the previous chapter----------

I slept in the next day, since our coach had cancelled our practice for the whole day. And since it was Friday, I thought I'd stay in and start working on the Game Plan for the tournament.

I dropped Natalie at school in my car and came home to what I thought was the weirdest sight ever. I felt my heart in my throat.

I parked the car in front of our house, and stepped out, catching his attention.

Alex had been sitting on our porch, looking quite pissed off might I add, before I got out of the car.

I walked up the small pathway that lead up to the front of the house and stood in front of Alex, who was now standing on one of the steps, so I was looking up at him.

"What the fuck did you do to me?" He half whispered.

"Excuse me?"

"I said what the FUCK did you do to me??" He barked, pulling at the collar of his t-shirt slightly, revealing the bruise I had given him two nights ago. I slightly smirked thinking about it.

"Do you think this is funny Miller??"

Alex was being really loud, so I walked past him, unlocked the door and walked him. He followed me and slammed the door behind him.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked him casually, trying not to sound like i was scared as shit at that moment, as I shrugged my jacket off and walked into the kitchen. He followed me in.

"What I WANT is for you to fucking tell me what happened that night!!"

I sighed as I placed two glasses on the kitchen counter and looked back at him. Alex was fuming. I had never seen him angrier than that.

"Look, technically it was all your fault. You're the one who drank so much you had no control over your body. And don't tell me I didn't warn you. Cuz I did." I concluded and went to the fridge for the orange juice.

"Then why the fuck did you kiss me back?! I clearly remembered how you told me you weren't going to drink!" I froze. I didn't think about what would happen if he remembered that I hadn't drunk the beer that night.

I slowly pulled the orange juice out and poured it into the two glasses, looking at anything but Alex.

"Oh come on Miller will you just answer the DAMN question? Why did you kiss me back?" His tone was less harsh now. He sounded frustrated.