Chapter 12

After at least a half hour of Alex's impatient pacing up and down the bus and his futile attempts to try and call someone, even though there was no reception, he finally gave up and dropped himself on the back seat of the bus and peered out the window. 

The entire time I had just focused my gaze on him and my phone, silently hoping he wouldn't find reception. Because as much as I wanted to deny my feelings towards him, I just couldn't bring myself to do it no matter how much he tried to put me down and call me names. 

"Wait...." Alex suddenly perked up from his seat and peered out the window intently. 

"What?"

"I think..... I think that's the hotel..." He replied hopefully.

I rushed next to him and looked out the window. Sure enough, a tall building of lights could be seen less than a block away. I don't know how we managed to miss that. I groaned internally but let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay well how do we get there...?"

Alex looked around the bus, his cute eyebrows coming together as he fell deep in thought, until his eyes fell upon the window. 

"We can jump out the window." He smirked and before I knew it he had his backpack slung on his shoulders and he was opening the window. He then looked at me. 

"So? Are you coming?"

I sighed again. "Yup, let's do it."

He grinned widely and I prayed it was too dark to see the blush on my face. I grabbed my backpack and turned to him again. 

"Well come one then. Ladies first" he said and smirked while I just rolled my eyes and glared at him. I grabbed the edge of the window and swung both legs off the wall. Only when I sat on the ledge of the window did I actually notice how tall this bus actually was. But I sucked in a small breath of air and jumped, landing on my feet. I turned around and and looked to Alex  was already copying me and had himself settled on the ledge of the window. He pulled a few more things from inside the bus and pushed himself off the ledge, but it was in a bit of a weird angle. Alex ended up falling butt first onto the ground, and he howled in pain. I rushed up to him and noticed the cuts in his arms that were slowly starting to bleed. 

"Wow Alex, how could you not even jump off a parked bus??" I laughed a little at his discomfort. 

"Oh shut up Miller, I'm carrying way more things than you" he rolled his eyes at me making me laugh louder. I held a hand out to him and hoisted him up. He took a few seconds to balance himself while I held onto him and just snickered at his pain. 

"Hey one more sound out of you and I'll throw you off a cliff" Alex glared daggers at me and I stopped laughing, but couldn't stop the smile off my face. 

"Can you walk okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's just hurry up and get there. I'm starving"

We slowly walked towards the tall building of lights, which sure enough turned out to be the hotel we were staying in and Alex limped inside before me. The second we walked in, most of the guys were getting ready to take their things into their rooms and Alex screamed at one of the guys; Toby Nichols, one of his 'close' friends. 

"What the fuck Tobes?! You just left me alone in the bus with the person I hate most in the world?? How could you do that to me, I thought we were brothers!!" Alex whined to Toby and the rest of the group who was now surrounding them and laughing at his slight limp. 

I felt a slight twinge of pain hit inside my chest and then disappear as if it never existed. 

"JEREMY?! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP??" I yelled at my best friend as he made his way towards me laughing.