•Epilogue• Peace At Last

Silvia

Quite a lot of time has passed since the war ended, eight years to be exact. Matt and I are now fully mated and have pups of our own. Six-year-old triplets, one boy and two girls. They are bundles of energy that seem to never tire. Matt says there are various reasons for that. The first being that they, like both of their parents, carry the Alpha gene.

The second is because they are the offspring of a Moon Warrior. According to Goliath, Moon Warriors have boundless stamina, which is required for prolonged battles. While it sounds reasonable to me, I know there's one more reason for their seemingly endless energy. I attribute it to the fact that they're just happy to be alive.

A few days after the war ended, the goddess came to me in a dream to explain some things. According to the goddess, not long after the creation of mankind, her father had a terrible vision that worried him. Her father, Hyperion, foresaw the destruction of not only humans but that of the gods themselves. Knowing their father had the gift of foresight, their father's vision troubled the goddess and her siblings greatly.

Hyperion had informed his children, Helios, Selene, and Eos, that the powerful demon, Ortelous, would once more rise. This confused his children since they believed the demon had been destroyed during a war in which the heavens had fought against demons and had won with the help of the Moon Warriors. Hyperion explained that because demons had once been angels, they were difficult to kill. Once the demons had been defeated, they'd been imprisoned in a dimensional realm.

The easiest way to kill a god, demon, or angel, would be for them to cross into the mortal realm in their true form. Though they would still possess their powers, their bodies become mortal, making them vulnerable. Because of this, gods rarely cross over into the mortal realm. Though there are a few gods that still enter the mortal plane in their true forms, knowing full well they risk their very lives in doing so.

Helios, Selene, and Eos discussed their father's vision at length, as well as the danger involved until they all came to a mutual agreement on how to proceed. The idea of sacred vessels was thus born. It would be the safest way for a god to walk upon the mortal plane without the risk of dying. Once their spirit possessed a vessel, the vessel would become invulnerable until the god vacated the body.

Because Ortelous was indeed a powerful foe, they believed that it would require the combined efforts of the three siblings, and if need be, the moon warriors as well. With that thought in mind, the siblings created supernatural beings and granted them special abilities such as inhuman strength, super speed, the ability to shift into a beast form, and more. These creatures would be required to host the souls of the moon warriors since humans were not strong enough to control these beasts.

While walking upon the mortal plane would make Ortelous mortal, he was still a powerful being and would have the help of magic wielders. It would be a great undertaking to defeat him, it would require the combined efforts of many. And as predicted, a cult of his followers was able to find a way to call forth Ortelous into the mortal plane.

Having been imprisoned for centuries, the demon wanted vengeance and set forth to destroy any who opposed him on his quest to destroy the gods. During his reign of terror, he entered the kingdom of Elves, then killed their king and queen, which was a grave mistake for the young elf princess, Alaiana, was a sacred vessel for the goddess.

Upon witnessing the death of her parents, Princess Alaiana was somehow able to tap into her undiscovered hidden powers. The pain and horror she experienced were communicated to her dragon, Dejalana, awaking the beast from her thousand years of slumber. With the help of her dragon, the princess was able to imprison the demon in another dimensional prison, one that required stronger magical power to breach it.