•Chapter Seventeen• The Marking

Silvia

It's been a few weeks since the memorial service for Jane and our pack members, while it may look tranquil on the surface, it is just a facade. The truth is we are all working hard with the preparations for this war, while our hearts are in turmoil. The twins have begun training with the WOLF members, per requests from Demetrius and the King. It's odd watching the WOLF members training while still affiliated with the wolfsbane. Though they still sneeze incessantly, it does not stop them at all.

I was taken aback to see the twins were training with them and commented to Matt about it. That's when he informed me about the conversation he'd had with Demetrius, Clarissa, and the king concerning Kale and Kile. I was surprised but happy for the boys. Even if they tended to get into mischief, they were really sweet boys who wanted nothing more than to please their Alpha and Luna.

Later we learned, the twins had decided to think about joining the Federation but have yet to make a decision. They know the war draws near and they want to be here to defend their family and friends. I can't fault them for that when I too want to protect my mate, my family, and friends. I can't help but be proud of them and I will support whatever decision they make.

I also discovered their birthday is two days away and I began planing a birthday party for them. The boys were so happy when I told them my plans, they have yet to stop grinning. It should prove to be a big event, seeing as more allies arrive daily. The Federation had to hire even more builders to help get housing units built as quickly as possible since we're close to being full. "Babes?" Ashley waves a hand in my face, making me snap back to the present.

Smiling at Ashley over the table, I give her an apologetic look. "Sorry Ash, my mind wandered for a minute. What were you saying?" I asked before shoveling some cheesy scrambled eggs into my mouth.

"I was asking if you have everything you need for Ren and Stimpy's party?" Ashley asked and I shook my head.

"We're going to need more streamers and balloons." I paused for a moment, thinking that we definitely could use more drinks and snacks considering what big eaters werewolves are.

"Maybe some more snacks and drinks too," I say with pursed lips as I wonder if I'm forgetting anything. Suddenly a hand grabbed my chin and Matt planted a loud kiss on my lips, leaving me slack-jawed in surprise.

"When you do that," Matt murmurs. "I can't control the urge to kiss you." He tells me with an unrepentant grin, mischief dancing in his blue eyes. His admission has me blushing furiously and thoroughly embarrassed upon seeing all eyes in the packed dining area are on me.

Chris bursts into loud laughter and I glare at him. Ashley covers her mouth to hold back her mirth, which makes me glare at her too. Now all those gathered at our table join in the laughter and I just cover my face with my right hand. Suddenly a cold hand pats my left one as it rests on the table. Surprised, I look up at the king to see he has an understanding smile on his face, though there is amusement shining from his eyes.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed about kissing your mate. He's the other half of your soul." King Stravos states matter-of-factly. I simply shake my head and go back to eating my breakfast, ignoring everyone for the rest of our meal. Living with all these creatures was interesting if a bit annoying at times like these.

After breakfast, Ashley and I had decided to go on a shopping trip for the things we needed. Though Mathew wasn't happy with the idea, he finally agreed when I informed him I was taking a group with me. Still, he made sure Cain and the twins came along. Besides us five, Draco, Demetrius, Clarissa, and the other Law Enforcers joined us on this little shopping expedition.

Our trip went well with all of us laughing and having a great time despite the fact Matt kept calling every fifteen minutes to find out if we were on our way back yet. I had turned away from my group as I talked to Matt and didn't notice when my group left the aisle we had been grabbing sodas from. I was putting my phone back in my back pocket when someone grabbed my upper arm and roughly turned me to face them.