•Chapter Fourteen• The Federation Steps In

Gabriel

After two hours I'm finally calm enough to face the Alpha. But as I'm about to enter the Alpha's building, I receive a text. Upon reading it, I once more feel anger building up within me and I have to go for a quick run to help me regain my composure. Giborrim seems to anger much more than before, it leaves me perplexed. He's like a kettle that boils over with little heat applied. Just like everyone else, I get angry, but I was able to control myself in the past. Not anymore it seems.

When I return, I go straight to the Alpha's office and knock on the door. "Come in!" The Alpha calls out in a testy tone.

I enter the office and walk straight to the front of the Alpha's desk. "We have a major problem and have to move to a new location right away," I inform the Alpha.

"Excuse me?" The Alpha asks in an incredulous tone. "Last time I checked, I was the Alpha, not Gabriel!" The words ended in an angry screech.

Keeping my face impassive was an incredible feat, considering the fact Gibborim was envisioning the many ways we could kill this miserable being before us. Squaring my jaw, I ignored the Alpha's outburst and placed my cell phone before the fool. I knew the text I received would have the idiot thinking differently.

The Alpha's eyes grew in size with shock, as well as trepidation. "Well, this does complicate matters." The Alpha admits after a moment. "We will retreat for now and I know just the place we can hide for the time being. Get preparations underway, I want to be out of here by nightfall!" The Alpha states with a nod.

I bow to this idiot of an Alpha, then walk out and took great care to close the door behind me quietly when I truly wanted to slam it hard enough to make the whole building tremble with the force. Within moments the rogues are scurrying around as they begin to pack and load up the vehicles.

Thinking back to the text I got, I rush the rogues to ensure we leave as soon as possible. In a matter of hours, we have gone from being the hunters to become the hunted. Knowing the Federation as well as I do, I know they will be bringing at least one WOLF team, if not more, and more than likely, it will be the bloodhound team.

They are the BEST trackers in the whole world. These guys can pick up a scent for up to twelve and a half days, just like real bloodhounds. They are relentless and love the hunt more than any other WOLF team. What's more, they don't require a lot of rest as long as they have plenty of food and water available. I know for a fact, the Federation ensures they have all they need.

There's only one way to keep them from tracking a scent, wolfsbane. One whiff of that and they develop an allergic reaction, which will have them sneezing for a week. This is a well-guarded secret by the Federation, only top-ranking officials, as well as WOLF members know this secret but keep it under wraps for obvious reasons. So I'm confident it will work in our favor.

Thankfully, we keep a ready supply of wolfsbane on hand and thirty minutes before we're ready to leave, I order the rogues to spray it liberally in every building, as well as the surrounding area. I want the entire place to reek of it from top to bottom. We can't afford for WOLF to track us. It will throw a wrench in all of my carefully laid out plans.

_____________________________

Silvia

It's been twenty-four hours since the Law Enforcer Jane, and our two elderly pack members went missing. Sandy and Rick are the sweetest couple you could ever meet. It fills me with dread and pain, just to think of what they could be going through. 'Don't think about it, you can't be sure they will be harmed.' Athena tells me in a soothing tone.

'Did you forget what they did to our pups?' I remind her angrily, pain in every one of my words. Athena wisely chooses to remain silent after that.

Unable to stay still or calm, I decide to help the kitchen staff prepare lunch for the pack, as well as the Federation officials that will be arriving in a couple of hours. After talking with Draco yesterday, I became aware that vampires do eat food but they also require blood to stay alive. Most vampires could live without drinking blood for a few days, but as a purebred, the king needed blood daily.