~14~

The Moon Goddess' P.O.V.

100,000 years ago

"Look at you! You're ready to leave and start your own journey." My father said, as I am about to leave.
"But I'm not ready." I replied.
"Sure you are. You're 15"
"Okay, I love you father."
"Goodbye." He said, waving me off.

I start my journey by starting to get some berries for later. I carry on walking out of the down of Whrathmour. I ended up a huge beautiful forest, it had gorgeous tall trees with lush green leaves. It was such an alluring sight. It was about to be dusk and I saw a small wooden lodge, I decided to ask if I can stay the night.

I knocked on the door and a young lady opened it.
"Hello, my father said that I am old enough to leave our home but I haven't made a hut yet, please may I sleep the night?" And I promise I'll be gone in the morning." I asked.
"Sure, come in." She said opening the door a little wider.

I came in to her home and it was like any other wooden hut.
"What's your name darling?"
"It's Selene." I replied, as I sat at the table.
"How old are you, Selene?"
"I am 15."
"Can I show you something?" I asked. "It's won't hurt you."
"What is it?"
"Follow me."

We walked out and towards the beautiful forest I was just in. We walked about half an hour until we got to this beauteous lake. The moonlight was shining upon it and the water glistened. It has gorgeous flowers surrounding it.
"Why are we here?" I asked.
"You are the chosen one."
"The chosen one? For what?"
"The leader of the moon, the wolves. A Goddess."
"But I don't want to be that."
"You have no choice." She shouted as she pushed me in the water.

I instantly closed my eyes and I kept seeing a person who looks extremely alike to me but maybe a little bit older, she was in the same lake as me. It felt so much like a dream. My legs started to move and I was walking towards her.

"Hello Selene." The woman said.
"How do you know my name?"
"I am you from the future. I want to tell you something but you can not tell anyone or anything. It's a secret."
"Okay.. what is it?"
"You will have a huge responsibility opportunity about to be given to you. I want you to take it, it is going to change your life for the better. I promise." Her booming voice echoed through the forest.
"How can I trust you?" I questioned with my arms folded.
"You don't have you but you'll have no choice." She? I? replied.

I woke up again in a dark room next to a nice and warm, cozy fire. A tall and broad man walked up to me and knelt down, he smiled at me.
"Hello Selene." His voice was dripping in power. "I saw you in the lake of grace. You were chosen to that elf, right?"
"Huh? What elf?" I looked at him, confused.
"Oh.. she didn't explain."
"Are you drunk?"
"No! You're funny." He laughed, loudly.
"The elf is the girl that put you in that lake. You are chosen to serve and help the wolves so you want to do it or not?"
"What will happen if I say no?" I asked, remembering what my future self said.
"I'll leave you with no choice and do it anyways. Stupid." He winked and chuckled.
"Do what?" I asked getting concerned.
"Well turn into the Goddess itself." He started laughing, like I was an idiot or something. I guess I have to do it.
"Okay I'll do it." I say. Will I regret this?

"This will just feel like a pinch." He said as he was took a stick and stabbed it in my to get my blood.
"OW!" I shouted. He started laughing as he carried on making this weird blue liquid.
"Good thing it is the full moon. You came in the right time." He said chuckling.
"Right!" He said standing up whilst he clapped. "Do you want me to force this down your throat or you do it yourself?" He asked, smiling with the cup in his hands.
"I'll drink it." I'm so going to regret this.
"Here." He passed it to me and I started to drink it.

I felt a huge level of pain I have never felt before. My body started to raise and raise but I couldn't feel anything. I was paralysed. My eyesight was white until I fell back down, it was the same but I felt so powerful like I could do anything. I turned around, to see the man with a sword.
"Now let's see if it truly worked." Like me rising 8 feet into the sky didn't work. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I shut my eyes ready for the impact. Nothing. I felt nothing. No pain. Nada.
"IT WORKED!" He shouted, pulling it out. I felt the scare tissue, muscle and skin grow in the wound.
"What am I?" I asked.
"You are the moon Goddess. Leader of the wolves and carer of the moon." He replied.

~~~~~~~~~••~~~~~~~~~
I just wanted to say that I know the story of Selene turning into the Moon Goddess is wrong, but I thought I could switch it up a bit :)