~3~

My head went fuzzy and my sight went blurry. All of my muscles went heavy and I fell into unconsciousness.

I fluttered my eyes open and I noticed I was being carried by a very worried, familiar person, who was muttering under his breath.
""No-oah?" I say. It was hard to speak and to keep my eyes open. He looked down at me, his face changed from troubled to relief.
"Hey Mathias. Are you okay?" He asked, softly.
"The wolf-f. I-Its a wolf."
"I'm taking you to my house, Mathias. Just stay with me." "Were you having a panic attack?" He asked.
"I-I don't kn-now." I replied.
"Have you ever had one?" I shook my head, to say "no." I fell back into unconscious.

——/——

I woke up in a room with pale white walls and blue floors. I sat up, feeling better than usual. I looked to my left to see an old man in a hospital bed.
"Hello, you must be the second Alpha. My name is Ralph and I am an elder but my time is coming to an end so you won't see anymore of me soon." He said.
"When you say 'my time is coming to an end' what do you mean?" I asked, confused.
"Well I am eight hundred and two years old of course and I've been here for a long time so I'm going to the spirit world."
"Eight hundred years?" I asked. He probably has dementia.
"Yes, I have lived for a very long time and I saw my family die and grow. I am the brains, but don't worry, there is another elder who is only 109 years old. I wa-" Our conversation got interrupted
"Mathias! You are awake." Noah comes in with the nurse.
"Ahh Salvtary, I would like to go to the spirit world now. Do you have the right herbs yet?" Ralph asked.
"Yes I do, let's go to this room to do the process." The nurse said as Ralph follows her in a small room.

"He was talking about his he lived long enough, 802 yers to be exact, he probably got confused to 82, but he said he saw his family die and grow. Does he have dementia?" I explained to Noah.
"Yes he has dementia, he had a very hard time, watching his family die but he was a good man." I was confused. Why is he speaking like he has already died?
"Also... what's an Alpha?" I asked, he looked at me with a blank expression. It looked like he was staring into space.

"Hello?" I say, waving my hand in his face, trying to catch his attention.
"Yes?" He asked.
"My question?"
"Ah, yes! We will talk about that later."
"Why not now?"
"Because it's private."
"If it's private, how does Ralph know?"
"I'm not having an argument about this."
"You know what? I'm going home." I say.

"No your not. I have to speak to you." The nurse said.
"But I want to go home."
"It's important." She said. I nodded.
"Could you follow me in here?" "Noah can come too." She said. I brightened up as he followed us.

I sat on the wooden chair.
"So Noah asked you if you have panic attacks and you said 'I don't know.' Have you ever had one before?"
"Not what I think of. Was that a panic attack?" I turned to Noah.
"I think when you got dizzy but then fainted from being too overwhelmed."
"Were you watching me? Because it was just me." I say 'me' because I didn't want him to know my friend is a wolf.
"No... your friend told me."
"I have no friends."
"I can be your friend."
"Don't change the subject." I watched Noah laugh and you couldn't help to laugh with him.

I went to bed that night, thinking about;

What is an Alpha?
What happened to Ralph?
What does Salvtary mean?
How is Noah feeling?
When is Noah telling me about an Alpha?
Why am I so hungry?

——/——

I woke up with my dad shouting at the TV. I looked at my alarm clock and groaned at the time. 9:11am. Way too early for the weekends. I might as well wake up.

"Hey Mathias, can you get me a box of beer?" My father shouted over the TV when you got to the ground floor. I groaned.
"Thank youu. Money is on the side." He shouted again.

I picked up a crate of Budweiser, I obviously got a few odd looks because I'm underaged but the shop owners and workers know myself and my dad.

I was standing in the queue minding my own business and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I feel sparks exactly like that wolf. I turned around to see Noah, smiling brightly down at me. The look he gave me made me smile myself.
"Hi." I said.
"Hello, aren't you a little too young for alcohol?" He asked. I looked down at the crate.
"It's okay, it's for my dad."
"What is your mom having?"
"Her best life in London." I say rolling my eyes. He just chuckled at me.
"You're cute."
"Next!..." The cashier shouted.

"There you are, dad." I say, placing the crate in the side, while he makes waffles for breakfast. I got a glass of water and gave it to him.
"Here you go dad."
"I have beer for a reason."
"No dad, you need water! You would die if there's too much in your blood." I say, genuinely worried about him,
"I appreciate that you care 'bout me and all but it won't happen to me." He spoke as he walked off, leaving me with the waffle iron. I groan. I just wish he could take care of himself. After eating my waffles, I went outside to the forest again.

Back at the same spot there was a big beautiful black wolf sleeping. I sat next to it, gently stroking his soft fur. I let him sleep and a thought came across my mind...

Noah called me cute!
Oh my god! Noah called me cute!

I don't know why I was so excited about that considering I barely know anything about him. I just can't believe I was fangirling over him. I laughed at myself.

A couple of hours later of just peaceful thinking, I watched the black wolf flutter his eyes open. When he saw me, he instantly jolted up and started jumping around, while wagging his tail. He was excited to see me.
"Hello!" I say excitedly, he jumped on me and started to lick my face. I couldn't help to laugh. "You're so cute." I smiled.

Yes I was scared of this wolf but after thinking about him... He made me feel brave, safe and happy. His beautiful face makes me at peace. As stupid as it sounds, he is my friend and if I did something that changed my whole reputation, I would like others to accept that, especially my friends. That's what I am doing with the wolf, I want to accept him and be nice towards him but also respecting him because he's a wild animal.

I went home to my dad, drinking as usual. I am genuinely so worried about him. He claims that he's going to be fine but I found out when people say that, it always ends bad. I've have been trying to convince him to stop or slow down but when I do, he always finds an excuse to carry on. It's annoying as well as dangerous.