36- Threat

I stand with my back straight and my arms clasped together behind me.

My face is passive and my eyes connect with the big man that sits on the chair a distance in front of me.

The chair sits on a big platform so it's above everyone.

The Master likes to look down on people.

"Fairy Tail doesn't give up, Master. We either leave the town behind or we get rid of them."

His lips tilt up in the corner.

"We can't have that now can we, Lucy?"

I shake my head in one stiff movement.

"You seem eager to deal with them so you can be in charge of getting rid of the fairies."

I nod my head.

"Thank you, Master. I'll take care of them right away."

His smirk falls and he stares at me with his cold, hard eyes.

"For now you're going to assess them. Tonight."

I falter, my passive face falling as my eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"But sir, I've already done that. We have all the intel we need-"

He slams his fist against the arm of his chair and I flinch, quieting immediately.

"Don't question me, girl!"

I press my lips together and look down slightly.

"You said so yourself that they are strong. I want you to assess the biggest threat and return back with knowledge on how to get close to them."

I nod my head.

"Yes master."

He dismisses me with a wave of his hand and I turn and walk out of the room.

As soon as I face away from him my features scrunch into anger, a glare present on my features.

Why put me in control of dealing with them if you're just going to be the one barking the orders!

I walk out the door and let it shut behind me.

I don't want to sit around and watch them.

I've had enough of Fairy Tail.

I just want them gone.

I take a deep breath and my anger falls from my face leaving it passive.

Getting upset is pointless.

Once he gives the orders they're set.

Time to go sit around and watch them again.
-
-
-
Bored.

That's all I am.

Erza and the ice mage, Gray, are just sitting around doing pretty much nothing.

They were talking earlier but now they're doing their own things on the opposite sides of the room.

I can hear them despite being on a roof on the opposite side of the street due to a spell I picked up from some illegal magic trader a while back.

I stole his spell book and all the money he had been earning on my first lone mission.

It's proved to be very helpful.

I rest my head in my hand.

Natsu isn't here.

Him and the flying cat are out trying to figure out where I am.

I laughed when I heard them talking about it.

He could smell me from blocks away and if he had only stayed at their room he would have found me just like that.

They're making this easy for me without even knowing it...

Now I just need to decide who the biggest threat is.

All three of them are strong. Really strong.

As much as I want to say the biggest threat is Natsu so we can get rid of him...he's not a threat.

He's shown that he doesn't want to fight...he wants to help.

My eyes set into a glare.

The only harm he's doing is ruining my focus but when the time comes I'll take care of him with ease. He'll be the easiest to deal with because he'll trust me if I put up a phony act.

I just have to say a few measly sentences and he'll lower his guard.

"I can't be here anymore...in this guild. Please take me with you, Natsu..."

I smirk at the thought.

"...to Fairy Tail."

My teeth clench, the smirk being replaced with a grimace.

"I'm sorry, Lucy, but you can't join Fairy Tail."

My eyes stare at nothing with a pleading look.

Why?

What did I do wrong?

"Stop!"

I stand up quickly to cut off the thoughts that had entered my head.

No!

I will not let him get to me.

I can't let the past come back for me...I will completely cut it out so it never will again.

I've decided who the biggest threat is.

Titania.

The woman in armor.

She always has her guard up and she'll be the hardest to get it to go down.

But I can do it.

I jump down from the building and land with a light thump and run off into the direction I had come.

You all should have never come here.