30- Dark Guild

"A dark guild?"

Erza nods.

All of us are gathered in the room that we rented for the night after meeting up at the scheduled time.

"I managed to nab one of them from the edge of town looking sketchy and saw the mark hidden under his sleeve."

I listen intently as she talks, gathering all of the information that I can.

"What happened to him?"

"He managed to escape. His magic is quite good for running and hiding, but I managed to see where he was heading off to."

I nod.

So she let him go on purpose.

"What's a dark guild doing here?"

Gray speaks from his spot on the couch next to Happy and Erza responds knowingly.

"No guilds live here. They probably just think it's a good town to steal from, but regardless, they won't be here for long."

I look back at Erza determinedly.

"So we need to catch them quick."

She slowly leans back in her chair and crosses her arms nonchalantly.

"I didn't think you were all that interested in this job, Natsu."

My mouth opens and closes and my gaze glances quickly at the other two to see what their reactions are. Happy looks curiously, waiting for answer, while Gray looks at his hands in uninterest.

I shrug and make my way back to Erza with my eyes.

"It makes me angry that they think they can take advantage of this town."

Of Lucy.

Erza doesn't respond and her face doesn't give anything away. Part of me isn't sure she even heard me.

She simply stares at me for a few moments before closing her eyes and sighing.

"I know where the man from earlier was heading. I had planned on going that way but knew that it wouldn't be wise to go without anyone."

I smirk and I can feel the fire in my body dying to light.

"So we're going straight to them and taking em all out?"

"No."

My smirk falls at Erza's response.

"What do you mean?"

"Gray and I will be going. You and Happy will be staying here in the town near all of the shops. You will wait there for anyone from the dark guild to show up because they will, I'm sure."

I bite my tongue to keep from fighting her on it.

They can handle it themselves and what if Lucy decided to walk the streets...super late at night...while they decided to hit another shop.

I begrudgingly nod my head.

As if but whatever.

It'll do.

————
Sorry I know it's been a while😅
The last month has been filled with school ending and lots of things and I just didn't really  want to write anything?
Honestly I thought I was just going to stop completely but then I realized it hasn't been that long and it's only been like a month since I last updated so I'll see if anyone's still reading and don't worry I plan to finish the story