Chapter 4: The Story of the Sea's Angel

"Hey," I said to Pittoo as I opened the door to my room. There he was, sitting on my bed in the corner, his back turned towards me.

"Hey," he replied.

I sat down on my bed next to him, not saying another word. We stayed silent for a few minutes, only hearing sighs from one another.

"Viridi said she was sorry," I finally brought up.

Pittoo glanced at me and turned his head away again.

"You can't just hold a grudge against her just because she said something she didn't mean," I told him again.

"You're saying it's right to offend someone like that?" He looked at me, his brown-red eyes narrowing.

"I'm not saying that!" I frowned, "I know, what she said really hurt, and I can only imagine how much it hurt you since it was directly said to you. It was indirect to me. What I'm saying is you can't just be mad at someone for what they didn't mean to say forever. Viridi didn't mean it. She was just annoyed and angered, and you already know how much she hates humans."

"So why is she helping us?" He snarled at me, "If she hates humans so much, why the hell is she helping us humans?"

"Because we aren't humans, Pittoo!" I exclaimed, "We might have the appearance, but we were born angels— well, you were created— so we aren't exactly humans! We might not have our wings and look like humans right now, but that doesn't mean that our inner angel traits are gone!"

Pittoo huffed, looking away again.

"You're so annoyingly cheerful, Pit," he said after a minute, "How are you like that?"

I smiled at him, even though he wasn't looking at me.

"Because I was raised that way," I answered, "Lady Palutena taught me how to stay positive in moments like these, and eventually I developed my own ways around these situations with a positive attitude. Heck, even she said I became the master of positivity. Also, I like to spread my cheerfulness, unlike you bag of emo-ness."

"I'm not emo!" Pittoo glared at me, looking like he was trying not to smirk, "I'm just a realist!"

"Yeah, sure your are," I nudged him with a laugh. He nudged me back, and I nudged him again. He then pushed me a little harder and I fell over on my bed. He laughed, and I laughed with him.

"Who knew that we could actually get along?" I chuckled, pushing myself back up.

"We're not all buddy-buddy, Pit Stain," Pittoo smirked, "I'm still better than you."

"But I'm more handsome," I teased.

"Oh, shut it," Pittoo pushed me again.

After more fooling around, I decided to get up.

"Anyway, if you're gonna be staying here with me, we might as well get your own bed," I said, "Or if Viridi has another room or something—"

"This might sound surprising, I'd rather stay with you," he interrupted, "Y'know, just in case we needa plot something in case something goes wrong."

I stared at him for a moment.

"You don't trust Viridi?" I asked.

He shrugged, "You never know."

"I thought you don't like me," I frowned.

"But like I said, we need to stick together, unfortunately, because your death means my death," he folded his arms.