twenty seven

This chapter is dedicated to my lovely- MaddieEllen

For the next few days, I was determined to see Harry as much as possible

I decided I would bring him flowers or something small that would keep him occupied while he was at the hospital.

He always seemed grateful that I was around.

Call me crazy, but for seconds at a time, Harry seemed to slowly break his walls down every time I came to see him.

In general, there was still so much to learn about him, besides that which was on the surface, he never really said much about his life, but I was eager as ever to learn more about him.

I never rushed it, I knew I would
eventually get there. I didn't need to coax him into talking about things he didn't want to.

Through his own pace, and my own patience; I had learned a bit about him. He always spoke of his mother. His description of her always started as "angelic." The words falling off his tongue like honey, and sounding just as sweet.

Whenever he spoke of her, he always said that she was too talented to be working the job she was, and he never failed to mention how she never wanted to be a nurse.

He spoke of his father and how much he respected his work ethic and from
time to time he would share very very small remnants of his past.

All in all, it was a start, and I was grateful for any piece of information that would help me to understand him better.

"I wish she'd just follow her dreams," he sighed after finishing his daily dosage one day, and I tilted my head a bit.

He gave me raised eyebrows and a comical smile.

"What?" He mumbled.

"What are some of your dreams Harry?" I asked him.

He thoughtfully looked down as if he anticipated the question but was too scared to admit it.

"My dreams?" He repeated, his voice sounding small.

"C'mon," I offered him. "I know you have some. I'll tell you some of mine, if you'd like."

"I wouldn't mind," he attempted to hide his smile. "You first."

Sometimes I wondered why he was so reluctant to be himself around others.

Harry didn't seem like someone who always upheld a cold stare, the Harry I was beginning to know, was nervous at times, outspoken when you got him talking, and somebody who seemed to have abandoned his anger with the world.

I wondered why he felt it a crime to let everyone see this Harry.

"You still there?" He asked me, allowing my focus to shift to his question.

"Sorry," I scratched my neck a bit. "My Dreams. Well, as far as my parents know I'm going to school to become a bank manager."

"Pretty fancy stuff," he commented with a whistle.

l chuckled.

"Between you and me, I hate finance. I hate business, and accounting. I don't want to study for a job that doesn't excite me." I honestly told him.

Talking about it to myself always made it seem like a possibility, but out loud it sounded more of a dream than a reality.

"Okay," Harry remarked. "So what it it is that you really want for yourself?"

"I want to be an astronomer." I told him with a bit of a pained smile.

"What?" He looked taken aback. "That's way cooler. What's wrong with that path? Do your parents not agree?"

"The only time I've ever brought it up they keep telling me that it's an unrealistic job choice because of the competition. I love my parents, but more often than not, I feel as if they only take their opinions and feelings into consideration when it comes to important decisions in my life."

Harry thoughtfully nodded, catching every word that left my lips.

I didn't even realize how much I was venting until I looked at my watch and noticed the time.

"Wow Harry it's getting a bit late." I scratched my neck. "I should probably allow you to rest soon."

"No wait." He held out his hand, stopping me. "Will you be back tomorrow?"

I gave him a gentle, meaningful smile. "I'll be here everyday as long as I'm alive if I have to."

He sent a small smile my way as well, a bit of pink making its way on his cheeks as he tried to hide it.

"Thank you for that," he lowly said, and I felt my heart rate pick up.

"It's really no problem," I assured him, gathering my stuff and sending him the final wave.

__________

Okay the filler chapters are officially done, unto higher heights for the next chapter.