fourteen

"You're Violet right?" He questioned, his finger outstretched as he pointed at me.

I stood there feeling immensely awkward, my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

What excuse could I come up with?

What would convince Liam that I wasn't some kind of creepy stalker?

Absolutely nothing came to mind, (Which admittedly says a lot more about the situation than it does about my brain) but thankfully, my best friends came to my rescue.

"We were just leaving," Henrietta politely smiled gripping my arm in such a haste, I wondered if it would rip from it's designated socket.

"Wait," Liam halted us.

We stopped.

I swallowed.

"Are you guys taking this class too?" He asked. His tone was anything but judgemental.

I nervously nodded on impulse, and the twins eyed me, before nodding as well.

"I didn't know you guys take anger management-"

"I mean technically we don't," Henry piped up, smiling. "Today was supposed to be our first day, but the nerves got the best of us, you know. We'll be going now."

The lies rolled off their tongues so easily, I almost wondered if we actually did take the class.

Liam seemed unconvinced but was silenced by the twins who bid him another hearty farewell.

The minute they were about to drag me off again- the door leading to the support group opened, and Harry burst through.

Shit.
Shit.
Shit.

"Liam, I can't do this."

My eyes shifted to him as he walked into the hallway, my chest tightening fleetingly as I wondered why on earth I came to this place to begin with.

His face looked grieve-stricken, the pain he wore vehemently; aggressively; almost like one would a coat. He walked with an almost soundless step, his long hair falling into his face with each stride. His fingers reached up to push free strands away- his cheeks splashed a lightened crimson and his eyes a lighter red.

My mind screamed "run" but I knew that was not a sensible plea. Harry was still close enough to see me even if I did, and I knew for a fact, that would have gone down anyway but easily.

I turned my face in the opposite direction, my eyes locking with Henry before I noticed his hoodie.

"Can I please burrow that?" I pleaded pointing to it.

He obliged quickly, handing me the soft material as I pulled it on and dragged the hood over my hair, my figure now drowned in this clothing.

The twins realizing they had nowhere to retreat to, grabbed the handle of the nearest door and locked themselves inside.

G
e
e ,
why didn't I think of that ?

I mentally facepalmed, knocking slightly at the door.

"Occupied," Henrietta's familiar voice hummed and I lightly groaned.

I was really gonna have to fight my own battle this time huh. I shrunk, my body leaned up against the door as I tried to look as normal as possible.

"Liam, I really want to go home."

Harry's voice was cracking. It was obvious he had been doing, or was about to do, some crying. My chest tightened again at the thought- this time; in worry.