~1~

I decided to have a walk after a days work of stress and getting bullied. I listened to the sounds of the birds as it engulfs me. I walked deeper into the forest. The smell of the fresh grass and back hits my nose, I also hear shuffling under the leaves every time I steadily place my foot, being careful not to hurt anything. I looked around and saw green. Lush green everywhere. It was mesmerising to look at. I saw a small snout behind a tree, as well as a furry, black ear peeking up when I accidentally snapped a branch.

"Hello where's your owner?" I say to the dog. It comes out of its 'hiding spot' and I notice the features. It was definitely larger than a normal dog. People would normally be afraid of the creature infront of me, but I? I was intrigued, like it was of myself.

I looked into it's eyes. It has brown eyes and it changed golden when the sun glimmer towards it. I want to say it's a dog, but I have a deep feeling it's a wolf.

I turned around cautiously because I heard an unusual sound, it's like a small puppy bark. Like a bark trying to get my attention.

"Hey Alfie, what are you doing here?" I say to my neighbors dog, in a playful tone, as I pick him up. He must of ran away.

I turned back around to see the dog has disappeared. I guess you should go home now. Actually I might play with Alfie.

I went to bed with a massive thought in my head.

Why was I not scared of the wolf-like dog?

——/——

I woke up with the alarm clock ringing in my head, I stood up and went down stairs to make breakfast. I'm just going to have cereal today. My dad is probably asleep and there's a huge possibility he is hungover, like any other day.

I walk into 4th period, which is RE (religious education). I heard the teacher speak about an unfamiliar name but you was too busy doodling. I heard a grunt as it sits next to me. He smelled really nice, it was so weird because normally I could smell coffee, body odour or girls perfume but this distinct scent smelled like wet bark and the sea. I don't know was it was but it was unique. I loved it.

"You wouldn't want to sit next to him mate, he's a dyke." I heard a boy sat behind me and a few sneers around the class. I just held my head low and tried to ignore the insulting words, that hit my head.

"Hey man, that's really mean. You don't do that to people. They can't help it. Anyways has he told you?" The mystery boy said.
"No he hasn't." The boy whispered behind me.
"Then don't judge people by their sexuality." I heard a few gasps between the conversation. To be honest I was shocked too.
"Just ignore them, they are being assholes." He whispered into my ear. I chuckled a little.

The rest of the day, I was bullied verbally and physically. It's normal now.. I decided to take walk again in the forest, after school.

Back to the forest again, I let all of my senses guide me along the floor. Taking a walk calms me down. Normally people who gets bullied and has an alcoholic father, chooses the depressive side, like cutting and burning etc. But the idea of that scares me. That is why I took the safer and nicer way.

I turned a corner and I saw the same... Wolf? Dog? That I saw yesterday, staring right at me, I looked into it's eyes again. They were beautiful, it was getting quite dark considering it was winter but his eyes turned into a deep, dark, almost black, brown colour. I watched as his eyes quickly flash black then flashes back to its original colour. I would normally run away out of fear but I was confused as well as interested. His tail started wagging and he casually trotted towards me. I backed up to a tree. This could be his hunting method, to get animals interested, act all kind and then boom a meal in a table, for a while family... or pack.

It started to whimper as he noticed I was scared of him. I watched him fall in his back and his whole stomach was fully exposed, I'm guessing that in wolf or dog? language was for to 'accept me' or 'don't be scared.' Oh well, it seems so friendly. I might as well as risk my life.

I bent over to stroke it's head and I felt him lean into the touch, he growls but I knew it wasn't an aggressive growl. He has to be a dog, if he wasn't, he'll be gnawing my arm off. Wolves are protected of theirselves as well as their pack and land. If I did this to a wolf, I'll be just bone, nothing else. Is your normal to feel sparks when I touch this dog? No.. that's not normal. I pull my arm out if this touch and he instantly looked up and around to see if anything has happened. When he saw me, his face has an expression of confusion. He leant closer to my hand and started to lick it. Yep, definitely having sparks.

My phone rang and it startled the dog a bit. I checked it and it was my dad. I ignored it, he was probably asking me to get him more beers from the shop agian. Then I got a couple messages like:

Mathias! Get home now!
There is a wolf around the forest you are in!

I looked up to my phone. Was he a wolf? No he can't be. He was just looking around, waiting for me. He's way too kind to be a wolf. I should go home, if there is a wolf walking around. I'm going to take the dog home as well, dad won't mind, I'm protecting him.

"Come in, I'm going to keep you safe at home, there are wolves around this forest. You probably don't know what I am saying." I laughed at myself. "Just come on." I say walking with him 'behind me'. I turned around because I didn't hear any footsteps. He was just sitting down I couple metres away, staring at me.
"Come on, I don't want you hurt." I say and turned around to walk back home again, hoping that he would follow me. You turned around once again to check on him, but he wasn't there. It was like yesterday, he completely vanished. I decided to go home anyways.

"Hey, I tried to call you!" My dad shouted from the living room, watching TV. I know my dad is lazy and an alcoholic but he is the friendly drunk, not the angry one. So he cares about people and his family.