Chapter 28

4 YEARS LATER

"Honey, I'm home!" The front door swung open wide, and was closed loudly. I rushed from the kitchen into the front door entry.

"Shh!" I whispered, putting my index finger up to my mouth.

"Where's the baby?" Niall whispered.

"Asleep, so be quiet." I scolded.

Niall beamed, opening up his arms. I gave in, falling into his embrace. We hugged for a while, enjoying each other's presence. When we pulled back he kissed me on the cheek and smiled.

"I missed you," he said in a tone slightly above a whisper.

"I missed you too," I responded. I nodded my head in the direction of the kitchen, signaling him to follow me.

Once we reached the kitchen, I went back to the cutting board and finished preparing what needed to be cooked and sliced for dinner.

Niall opened up the fridge and grabbed a beer. He leaned his back against the counter I was using to cut the vegetables.

I looked up at him. "So how was L.A?"

Niall has been traveling to L.A a lot recently. He found out he had quite the talent in music, and has been pursuing a singing career. He's had a couple offers and has performed at a few places all over Hollywood.

He took a drink of his beer before he answered. "It's gettin'...better. A lot of hard work though."

"I bet. But I have faith in you, love. I know you'll make it," I assured him while cutting the veggies.

I flung his arm around me. "If you have faith in me, then that's all I need."

"So have you met any people lately?" I asked curiously.

"Oh yeah quite a few. A couple of guys, a few girls."

I looked up at him, my facial expression obvious about what I was thinking.

He placed both of his strong hands on my shoulders. "But no one I meet is ever going to replace you, and I mean it!" He kissed the top of my head.

"Good," I said while nudging him in the rib with my elbow.

Our conversation was paused when we heard the garage door open.

I smiled, finally.

"Hello? Is anyone home!?" His raspy voice rang through out the house.

"You'll always be my best friend Mills," Niall said quickly before I rushed over to the garage door. I gave Niall a quick smile and a nod, letting him know he'll always be my best friend as well.

I turned the corner, bumping into the tall man, broad man I was looking for. "Shh! Do not yell through out the house, the baby is sleeping on the couch."

He chuckled, and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "She's not a baby anymore, Camilla. She's four years old."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was right but she'll always be my baby to me.

"Hey, Harry!" Niall called as he walked passed the kitchen.

"What's up bud?" Harry responded while walking over to the couch.

"Harry, do not wake her up," I warned him.

He chuckled once again, and ignored me. "Hey, baby, wake up. Daddy's got a present for you."

That got her attention. "A present? For me!" She squealed.

"Yes, for you! Do you wanna see what it is?" He looked up, his emerald eyes meeting mine. I started to walk over towards them, curious as to what this present was.