t e n

It's been three days since Noah had agreed to let the Moretti family move in his second estate. I had immediately told Karlo, who surprisingly agreed yet was hesitant at first but the minute I had said that they weren't going to be in the same house at the Bellucci, he had changed his mind.

Now, I was standing outside Noah's second estate, the architecture was similar to the main house, nevertheless, it was still stunning. Moving trucks parked on the pebbles driveway, my men unloading boxes and luggages' of their own and important files. Each men who passed me gave me a wink or a smile and I waved in return with a little chuckle, glancing down at my engagement ring a couple times as if to constantly remind me that this was the life I had to live.

Noah, for the past few days, I had barely seen because he had been talking to his board of trustees about the merge or just handling his company's business. For two days straight, he didn't come to bed and I had heard from Javier that Noah and his men needed to complete tasks due to failures of shipment. I hadn't want to know more because I knew what the consequences were if shipments due dates were not met.

"This place is beautiful," Karlo complimented after he instructed one of his men to move their boxes to another room. "It has countless rooms, entertainment and a lot of fridges. The men will be always occupied."

I nodded with a grin. "Noah didn't want me to pay for the bills for this house even though I should."

Karlo blinked at me. "Really, now?"

I nodded with a sigh. "I'll just have it secretly transferred to my name."

Karlo laughed. "Someone has a little crush on you."

I choked on my saliva, swatting his chest. "He can have any women in the world, he wouldn't want me."

Karlo raised a brow. "Why not? You're talented, amazing, smart."

I shrugged. "You're just overanalysing things."

Karlo chuckled with a nod. "If you say so." He excused himself and jogged over to a group of men who were messing around and had dropped a box. I laughed when Karlo smacked their back of the heads before shouting an order for them to keep hustling or he was going to punch them in their balls.

After leaving Karlo in control of the moving process, I was now driving down the road which only took a few minutes to reach Noah's main estate and I quickly stopped my car from a good distance of one, strange SUV van.

Quickly taking my phone out, I texted Noah.

Astoria:
Did you invite anyone to your main house today?

My patience began to run thin while I waited for Noah's response as masked men began piling out of the van. I bit my lip and tapped my acrylic nails on the phone.

A message came through.

Bellucci:
No, I'm at the office and Javier didn't say anything about visitors. Why?

The minute I read the first word, I reached for my purse, grabbed my two daggers and slipped on the mask. As I slipped out of the car, daggers in hand, I crept towards the black SUV where five men had already strapped themselves to their guns. Noah's men were a second too late to hit the trigger button because by the time they turned around, they had already hit the ground. The sound of shooting probably attracted the attention of men inside the house as I heard shouting coming from my left. I inhaled a sharp breath and bolted, feet light and daggers ready.

Dancing with my arms out, daggers slashing throats, I managed to take down two men who had been taking the side of the house, separate from the other three men. The sound of thunderous shooting came from inside the house as my heart skipped a beat as I slowly crept towards the back door, holding my breath. Men from both sides had guns out but the men were already taking down most of Noah's men who had been hanging around the foyer.