t h r e e

It has been two days since my dinner with Noah Bellucci and the longer I thought of him, the more annoyed I got. He had a sniper on me. That wasn't the part of the deal, was it? Nevertheless, I had a sniper on him too so I guess we were even. During our dinner, we had rarely talked merely because Noah was tapping away on his phone as if I didn't deserve his attention and I had just focused on the skyscrapers. I had come home and told my father that it went splendidly well without mentioning the sniper part.

"Mia," the sound of my name came out clipped and impatient as I blinked and glanced up to see my father shaking his head at me. He was leaning against the kitchen counter, arms folded. "Did you hear what I said?"

I blinked. Should I lie? "No."

"I said, Noah has asked for you to see him today and you need to do a shoot, announcing your engagement," my father repeated once again with a roll of his eyes. "Your shoot is tonight, I've already arranged it."

Great.

Climbing out of the stool, I kissed my father's cheeks goodbye and ascended the spiral staircase, passing a few black-suited men that acted as security. I made my way towards my room and dressed myself in a beige blouse and a white pencil skirt. Taking out a pair of beige stilettos -a signature pair of shoes of mine- I quickly slipped them on and brushed out my hair, retouching my makeup at the vanity.

What did Noah need to see me about now? If he was going to have another sniper aimed at my heart, I was going to rip out his.

It took at least half an hour to get to the other side of the city, due to immense traffic and people yelling and jaywalking on the streets. My mind was occupied with the thought of getting married at such a young age, merging the company that was solely to be mine. Somewhere along the way, I wondered if this what was Noah had wanted as well.

Thankfully, there had been no paparazzi in sight as I walked inside the luxurious building. It was so luxurious that I almost had to do a double-take, making my father's -well, soon-to-be-mine- look like a damn closet. Glossy marble tiles were made as if for god's and the crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, twinkling in the sunlight. I made my way towards the reception, swallowing my saliva as if it would calm my nerves.

"I'm here to see Noah Bellucci," I announced as the secretary only nodded before showing me to the last elevator that had gold steel doors, compared to the rest which had silver ones. "Why is this one gold and the other's are silver?"

The secretary smiled. "This one leads straight to Mr Bellucci's office."

I raised a brow. Huh.

The secretary fished something out of her pockets and handed me a key card under their company's name. I raised a brow in confusion just when the elevator announced its arrival. She ushered me inside but not stepping in as she smiled. "Your keycard is your access card to this lift. Tap on it and it'll do the rest."

I nodded before tapping my key card on a black monitor, the elevator doors instantly closing before I felt myself move upwards. How modern can this building get?

After what seemed like a few seconds to a minute, the elevator doors slowly opened and I stepped out, surprised to see the whole entire floor with only a table and a secretary seated but other than that, it was...empty. Two large, black oak wooden doors caught my attention as the secretary stumbled to her feet and bowed in acknowledgement.

"Miss Moretti, Mr Bellucci is waiting for you inside," she announced as she walked me over towards the door and knocked on it politely.

"Come in," a rough voice came from inside as she opened the doors and stepped to the side, allowing for me to walk through.