Chapter Thirty-Three- Dancing With The Past

CHAPTER THIRTY- THREE

I stood there with my mouth open, no words coming out.

"Hayden was telling us how you have a past." Mel winked. "But he wouldn't say anything else. How did you meet him?" She rubbed his arm while smirking at me.

A dark look passed over Hayden's features. "It's none of your business Mel."

"Tell me." She whined. "Please."

Blake shrugged while smirking. "Hayden told me."

Mel turned towards him, her eyes bright with curiosity. "Tell me!"

No, no, no, no... I stared at Blake, silently trying to plead with my eyes for him to not say anything. That smirk grew.

"Alley has haemophilia so Hayden used that to break up with her." Blake said.

My heart sank.

Mel suddenly bursted out laughing. "What the hell is haemophilia?"

"It's when if she gets cut then she'll bleed everywhere." Blake replied. From the corner of my eye I could see Hayden staring at me with dread.

He knew. He knew I didn't want anyone to know.

Tears welled in my eyes but I couldn't move. I was frozen with fear and shock. "Ew! That's gross!" Mel laughed. "So what, you're some kind of freak?"

Those tears blinded my vision till finally they started to fall. My stomach dropped to the floor as my heart quickened.

"He also cheated on her with another girl. Which I really don't get because they weren't even dating." Blake rolled his eyes.

Suddenly a fist went flying towards Blake's face. I blinked away my tears and stared at Caleb in shock.

His face was a dark rage, "Stay the hell away from her." Those eyes fixated on Hayden. "Next time it will be you."

Without much of an warning, Caleb grabbed my hand and pulled us through the crowd. I stumbled past people, feeling grateful for his hand since it was the only thing keeping me stable.

We arrived outside as everything around me subsided. I leaned against a wall, my breathing coming in small gasps. I fell to the floor and squeezed my eyes shut.

Caleb leaned down to my height, "What did they say Alley?" He was still angry. I opened my eyes and noticed his fist shaking. "Tell me Alley. I'll go back in there."

Without thinking I reached out and held onto his hand. He stared at me, slowly his hand stopped shaking. After a few moments I pulled him towards me and wrapped my arms around him. I don't know how long I sat there as I hugged him.

My shaking slowly decreased with warmth covering my heart. His head laid on my shoulder. Half of my self surprised that he was holding onto me so tight the other part that never wanted to let go.

But he did, Caleb sighed and suddenly picked me up. "Come on. I'll take you home."

I leaned my head against his chest. The feeling of dread subsided and replaced with anger. This was Blake's fault.

If he ever thought that I was scary before... Well, he was about to be in for a surprise.

Sunlight streamed through the window. I groaned and rolled over. Damn it, did I even close my blinds?

My arm suddenly collided with something. I cracked my eyes open and stared into green eyes. Am I dreaming?

Please, say I'm dreaming.