Chapter 4

The preacher spoke as everyone stood around the coffin. Anna stared at it, feeling Brittany squeeze her hand every now and then. Lucas and Asha stand around, their heads bowed. A few random people surrounded them as well. Such as people that knew Y/N from the facility. That helped her, Asha, and Lucas.

"Any last goodbyes?" The preacher spoke out setting down his book. His eyes scanned the people. Nobody spoke. Nobody moved. The preacher looked over and nodded his head. The coffin was lowered into the ground. Several people began pouring the dirt over. They soon filled it. Everyone began to leave. Asha and Lucas smiled lightly at Anna, who returned it, barely. They left as Anna remained where she stood. Her eyes kept on the coffin.

"I'll wait in the car," Brittany spoke, rubbing Anna's shoulder before turning heading to the car. Anna walked closer to the grave shaking her head. She dropped down to her knees. Tears streaming down her cheeks. Her head dropped and she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder. But she didn't. She stayed put.

"Anna," the voice spoke. Anna picked her head up and turned her head to meet Y/N's Y/E/C eyes.

"Y/N," the brunette whispered, staring. Y/N bit her lip dropping her hand from Anna's shoulder. The girl's eyes darted to her own grave and then looked back to Anna.

"What are you doing, Anna?" Y/N questioned, directing her eyes back to Anna's blue ones. Anna shook her head at the young girl. "Anna, go with Brittany. Don't sit here."

"Don't sit here? Y/N, you're dead," Anna whispered. Y/N's head nodded up and down. "I miss you...so much." Y/N's eyes went to the ground while Anna's eyes went back to the grave. Her eyes on the freshly placed dirt. She closed her eyes.

"Fine," Y/N paused as Anna looked to the girl. "We can sit here in silence or we can sit here and talk about why you won't let me go." Y/N took a seat on the ground and brought her knees to her chest. A cool breeze ran through sending chills down Anna's spine. She gripped onto her jacket.

"I love you kid." Anna stared at the teen girl. The teen girl looked to Anna with sad eyes. "I don't think I'm ever going to stop." Anna's eyes shut, tears managing to slip through, rolling down her cheeks. "I'm so afraid of forgetting you."

"You won't," Y/N speaks gently scooting closer. Anna picks her head up and looks up to the sky. Tiny drops of rain begin to sprinkle down from the clouds. Few hitting the blue eyed girl's face. Y/N watches Anna. Taking in all the moments.

"I don't-I don't think..I'll ever be able to let you." Y/N grabs Anna's hand and squeezes it tightly. She bites her lip watching the young actress. Her mind raced with her head titled watching Anna begin to softly cry.

"It'll take time Anna-" She pauses glancing over her shoulder spotting Brittany. The young girl bites her lip turning to look back at Anna. "Just with everything. This pain will leave. I promise you. I'm always watching over you."

"Anna!" Brittany shouted loudly, causing Anna to jump. The actress looks behind her to see Brittany waiting patiently, taking a few steps. Anna's head turns slightly realizing Y/N had vanished. The young actress stands and wipes her eyes with her hands, taking one more glance towards the grave. She walks over and puts her hand to her mouth. Gently she places a kiss on the tips of her fingers then places it upon the top of the grave.

"I miss you butterfly," she spoke turning on her heels, shoving her hands into her pocket. Slowly she walks towards Brittany. Brittany wraps her arms around Anna's shoulders as the two walk away. Y/N watches from a tree. Her arms crossed over her chest. Her body resting against the tree.

"I miss you too, caterpillar."