𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

I open my eyes to find myself in the same situation I had the other day? Yesterday? I couldn't seem to cope up with time. I was pretty occupied to the fact that I'm trying to save two lives that I don't have any assurance of saving them alive, or will I be late because they were already dead.

"Hey Mich." The kid in a kimono dress called me, with the very same smile. This scene kept on repeat like a corrupt record. I didn't respond to what she said instead, I gave her an uninterested look.

"Are you-"

"I'm Christine, nice to meet you."

"Nothing's nice." I said as I sit into the bamboo stairs. She followed me as she took a seat beside me.

"What's the matter?" She ask.

"I don't know." I responded.

"And why is that?"

I release a long sigh as I prevent myself from crying. I could myself start to get weak, my knees should tremble, my body would shiver, my lips would quiver, my hope is starting to drain out.

"Am I still in a dream?"

She gave me no response.

"Am I still be able to save them? Mike and Alyssa?"

No response.

"Are they still... still alive?"

She gave me a worried look. "You still don't get any of these happening, don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

She pointed something that made me turn. Reading the entrance frame with a board hanging up high, carved with knife are the words

Welcome
LUNAR VILLAGE

I look at the kid who pointed that out. I gave her a curious look and a lot of wonder to why she would point that out.

"Maybe you haven't look thoroughly, Mich!"

"What do you-"

She run away as same thing had happened to her. And I didn't scream nor panicked. Maybe I was just froze, but my body knew better. Maybe I was used after this scene kept on repeat for the 3rd time.

This will set as a challenge to how far you'll go to solve a past.

What past does Pajan refer to?

"Mich run!!!" Someone shouted as I turn to see Aly and Mike running towards me. My heart jumped for joy as I saw them.

"Mike! Aly!"

"RUN!!" They both shouted as I see from behind them were the three teens wearing the same red kimono. They were as well after Mike and Aly, holding stilts.

I started running out of nowhere as my feet directed me to some directions I could trust. And just when I'm facing darkness, i felt a bunch of hands pulling me back.

"No let go! LET GO!!!"

I jump out of bed as I realize it was just a bad dream. I look at my arms to see red marks, stained all over. I could feel the fast beating of my heart, my feet were tired feeling like I've been in a long run. My feet were covered in mud, and I was covered in wet.

I look myself in the reflection as i see a stressed out, anxious, tired individual in her wet and dirty pajamas. The girl in the mirror look a hundred percent mess.

"You should get a warm bath." I said to myself, looking in the mirror, as I wipe the tears that had escape from my own brown eyes.

•••

|Thursday
|11:30 am

[Camera On]
[Start Recording]

Hey guys... um, it's me again, Michie. Although some of you might be having a good day from their own homes, at the park or somewhere around the world, just want to tell you that you should enjoy every single moment of your life. Why?

Because that is what I didn't do in the first place.

All I cared is what others think and want and expect, like my life span depends on it.

As a vlogger, I do get a lot of hateful comments and I have learned that I've been afraid. Yes, I have been.

To be honest, my bff Alyssa had warned me to not continue going to that freaking abandoned amusement park and because of me wanting to beat one of my co-vlogger desperately and impress my viewers since it's a hot topic, I made my choice. I decided to still continue.

But what did it cost me? They disappeared right infront of my eyes. And I wasn't able to save them at the moment.

And now, I had my choice. I'll correct my own mistakes.

[Stop recording]
[Camera off]

I sighed as I lean backward into my swivel as I close my eyes, hoping to wake up and just see Aly and Mike there, as they will give me a warm hug.

How I wish I could just turn back time at that very moment and have her opinion be considered.

Your future will haunt you,
Until you decide to take a risk

I open my eyes I remeber what Aly had told me before. What could possibly had gone wrong?

"Mich..." a faint whisper came echoing into the room that caught me off guard.

"Aly? Mike? Is that you?"

"Come here."

"W-where?"

"In here. Come and save us."

"I am trying my best okay? I just have to look for-"

I stop as I step into something. I look down to see the white note that I have picked after Mike had gone missing. I pick it up as I read the same words written on it. But when I decided to flip it, there were words carved itself as well.

I waited for the code to be completed before realizing what was in it.

The past remained unsolved for some
But you were given a chance to bring forth justice

I read it a couple of times before deciding to what to do next.

I need to go to the police!