Chapter 66 🌙

Recap: Too focused on Naruto, I don't notice the looming presence raging towards me from behind. Apparently, neither does Naruto since its too late when I feel a sharp, piercing pain coming through my left hipbone. I don't scream, I don't cry out in pain, instead, my eyes widen and I look down, staring at the bloodied chakra rod that had gone through my entire hip.

"H-HARU!" Naruto yells out in worry, but his screams are fading and it gets to a point where I don't hear him at all. My knees give out and I fall to the floor besides Naruto, my face facing his own and he stares at my rather peaceful self in horror. "My first lesson was to never turn your back to your enemy." Pein mocked, not bothering to kneel down and check up on the Senju.

My eyes can't open and all I hear is a soft ringing noise. I know I'm not dead because I could feel myself breathing, but thats about it. I don't feel anything else other than that. That is until I wake up again in a whole new setting.

*****

"What the? What is this?" I ask when my eyes snap open. I find myself in a bizarre setting, there seems to be no walls wherever I am. The ground is sandy, and there is an active tide of water near me. It's almost as if I'm on the shore of some beach. . . I tilt my head upwards and gape at the twinkling stars which illuminate the dark skies. How the hell did I end up here? Not that I'm complaining. . .

I'm so distracted by the sparse sparkles in the sky that I almost fail to recognize the presence behind me, keyword, almost. Before I could even turn around to confront whoever it is behind me, a hand radiating warmth is placed on my bare shoulder. Maybe it is the magic that comes with being a mother, but I could instantly tell who it is behind me as if the overwhelming feeling of serenity was not a big enough indicator.

"Oh my pretty girl, I cant say the hair doesn't suit you." She says with a soft laugh. I don't waste a second in time before whirling around away from the shore and standing face to face with her, my mother!

I don't say a word but instead take in every single detail on her face. From the eyelashes that face her ruby red eyes to the tips of her luxurious pale hair. "What's this? Cats got your tongue?" She laughs again before bringing a hand up to my cheek.

I almost reel back in shock when I realize that I've outgrown her by a few inches, has it really been that long?

"Lets sit down and talk before you this ends again, something tells me its not your time." She whispers to herself before gently taking my hand and guiding me to an area still on the sandy beach but farther away from the shore. We arrive at an area with two logs acting as seats, and a lively fire in between. "Sit down honey we have much to talk about."

I do as told with little hesitation and wide eyes "Mom, whats going on?!" I ask as I sit down on the wooden log.

"Ah so she speaks, that isn't very important right now Haru, I feel like we have much more. . . important things to discuss."

I stay silent as I wait for her to continue, am I dead?! "I'm so happy that you're changing for the better Haru. I've been watching you for quite some time now and I see you reverting to your old self more and more everyday."

She smiles at me fondly "I'm happy things are finally going right for you."

"But are they really? Mom Pein just destroyed the hidden leaf village! Do you realize how many people including those I once knew in the leaf are dead?!"

"See honey? Improvement! A month ago you wouldn't of cared!"

"Was I that bad?"

"Yep!"