1.

"Why do you keep staring at me like that?" Jake said as I sat across from him at the table in the office.

"Can I ask you something?"

He sighed loudly and crossed his arms over his chest. "No."

"Do you ever have the feeling of déjà vu?"

"No." He looked away from me, shaking his head.

"You've never had the feeling that you've been here before or that you've met someone before?"

"No."

"I don't believe you."

"I don't give a fuck what you think, human. I'm not paid to care about you, just to make sure you don't die for some reason." He was still looking away from me with his arms crossed.

"You are too good to me."

"You have no idea." His big blue eyes met mine as he glared at me. "It is taking everything I have not to jump over this table and bite that pretty little neck of yours." His eyes twinkled as he stared at my neck.

I pulled my hair out of the ponytail and covered my neck. "I still can't believe that you are all vampires. I mean, I can totally see you like a cold-hearted and vengeful vampire, but Mr. Morgan seems so nice." I smiled as I pictured him.

"Can you stop talking? Your voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me." Jake snarled at me.

"And he is so handsome. Are all vampires handsome, or is it just Mr Morgan." I swooned at the sound of his name against my lips.

"Seriously? We are not best friends. Stop talking to me like I'm your twelve-year-old friend." Jake threw a pen at me. "I can't take this shit anymore." He groaned loudly as he tilted his head back. "Fuck my eternal life." He threw his up in the air dramatically.

"Then tell me why we are here?"

"No." His eyes were back on mine.

"Why?"

"Because it amuses me to see you frustrated." He smiled in my face.

I had been working for Mr. Morgan now for about a month. Everything was going along great except for the fact that he was a vampire, and all of his employees on the top floor were vampires. I had come to know Jake quite well now, but he didn't like me very much. In fact, I'm pretty sure he loathed me. Out of all the vampires on the top floor, he was the one I was most cautious of. He was very unpredictable, and I'm pretty sure if Mr. Morgan had not threatened him, he would have killed me already.

"Miss Summers, I am terribly sorry for my tardiness. I had a meeting with the...You know what, it doesn't matter. Thank you for waiting for me." Mr. Morgan approached us with a smile on his handsome face. "You are truly one in a million."

I blushed as he touched my shoulder. "It's no problem at all."

"Boss, can I go? I'm hungry." Jake stood up and glared at me again.

"Of course, Jacob. Thank you for looking after Miss Summers."

"Yes, Thank you, Jake." I smiled.

"You make me sick." He grumbled at me as he walked out of the room.

"He hates me," I said to Mr. Morgan as he sat opposite me.

"I know." He smiled sweetly at me. He was suddenly lost in his own head for a moment or two before continuing. "So, how are you finding everything?"

"Surprisingly good." I smiled back at him. "Thank you again for this job, sir."

"It's my absolute pleasure. I have actually enjoyed getting to know you, Miss Summers." His handsome face lit up as he looked at me, and his perfect aqua eyes sparkled like glitter. "I guess you are wondering why I asked you to stay back?"