Chapter 16~Chaos

One of the drunks-Panic! At the disco (one of my favorite songs ^^)
Chapter Sixteen~Chaos

Petron reached out to touch me, but a hand blocking his stopped him.

"I would advise to not touch. She's feeling a bit feisty." Tazan said, scratching the back of his neck.

Petron shook his head. "I have calming abilities, do not worry." He reached out again.

Tazan pulled back with a skeptical look as I backed up against the far wall of the cubicle. Calming abilities?

I waited to feel calm as Petron's hand approached me. I felt a faint pull of calmness tug at my consciousness.

That's it? Does he really think that's going to calm me down?

His hand was now a foot away from me. I narrowed my eyes, and swatted his hand away. He just laughed and went to grab my scruff.

He's seriously asking for it. I didn't even try and scratch him. I just twisted my head sharply and clamped my teeth on his wrist.

He didn't even flinch, just grabbed my scruff and lifted me up. It was only then when I realized that the skin tone of his forearm didn't match the tone of his face.

Of course, a glove. The way to deal with non-trained and perhaps rabid animals. I probably fall in the last catagory. I thought with amusment as I let go of his wrist.

Petron lifted me up to eye-level. "Spunk. I like it."

More like, don't touch me.

I stared into his purple eyes as I pulled back my lips in a snarl. I kicked up my back legs and dug them into his jaw.

He flinched but only reached up to try and dislodge my claws. Using this as a distraction, I clawed at his eyes with my front paws.

He yelled, letting go of my scruff like a normal person—or, alien?—would do.

I landed on the sandy ground and immediately sneezed as dust flew up my nose. I staggered for a moment, then took off.

I ran under the tables with the cubicles, just causing chaos in general. I found the stair case up to the judges table.

I grinned internally as I heard several yells behind me. I risked a glance over my shoulder and saw that most of the animals have followed my lead and had jumped out of their cubicles. Feathers and fur were flying everywhere as most of the aliens were in a panic, running after their pets.

I spotted Tazan running towards me, Carlos and Iggy close on his heals. Petron was still in front of my cubicle, clutching his eyes. I saw T'Cap furiously typing on a hovering screen in front of him, which worried me the most.

I turned back and raced up the stairs. Just as I was feeling dizzy from the spiral, it opened up onto the platform. With a quick look over my shoulder I raced over to the table.

I dodged around the table leg and saw a pair of feet. Feeling mischievous, I went to the end of the table and hopped up on it. I recognized Turhan sitting, playing with a small screen in front of him. He had a medical cloth wrapped around his hand where I had bitten him.

Seriously? I didn't even bite him that hard.

I pranced towards him, my tail raised. I internally grinned as he jumped.

"Help!" He screamed, fumbling to get out of his chair. "The orange menace!"

I paused, tilting my head as I heard footsteps running up the stairs.

Hm. I've never been called that before.

I heard panting as Tazan scaled the last of the steps and leaned against the table. "D-don't worry. She'll only attack when provoked."

Carlos sprung up on the table, his yellow eyes wide. "This has been fun," he panted. "But we need to go. Now."

"What? Why?" I asked, my green eyes widening.

Iggy neatly landed on the table, skittering to a stop as he adjusted from flying to walking. "What fuzz ball is meaning to say is that before we were able to run after you, we over heard T'Cap talking to someone."

Carlos slid him a glare but ignored him. "He's calling someone in here to capture you—"

"—and put you down if you're aggressive as T'Cap said." Iggy finished. "Thats why we need to move."