Chapter 10~Reading!

Chapter Ten~Reading!

I slowly awoke.

Three things I noticed immediately.
1; I was in a cat carrier, most likely then one I was first caught in, because I could smell my fear scent.
2; I could hear Tazan, so I think I'm safe
3: I could hear Iggy's-ugh- yowls.

I paced up and down and meowed, one small, tiny meow.

Tazan immediately opened my cage, hauling me out.

"You okay? I know you don't like that cage. But I was the only way you were allowed on," He cooed, scratching behind my ears.

I didn't look at him because I was gawking at my surroundings. We were on a plane. At least, I think I was on a plane. The inside looked the same, with seats in rows, with little TVs on the back of the seat. But there was much more technology.

    I could see other aliens, but Tazan noticed where I was looking and pulled a blind so it was just me, my cat carrier, Iggy's carrier, and Tazan in three seats.

  There was also a sun roof above me. I stared at it in awe and wonder. The sky outside was beautiful.

"Yes, yes, that's amazing. Will you let me out already?" Iggy yowled, glaring at me.

  I glanced a Tazan and turned back to Iggy. I slowly stuck my tongue out at him.

Heh heh heh.

I pulled my tongue back and grinned at him, curling up in Tazan's lap; teasing him.

    My mind started to wonder.

I have gotten fairly used to being in a cats body. I could do some pretty cool stuff.

For example; I licked my nose and curled my tail closer to my body.

   Where are we going?

I knew we were on a plane, obviously. But where are we going?

I decided just to sleep instead; not wanting to think of what could be happening to the outside world.

                   °             °             °         

I woke with a yawn and blinked sleep out of my eyes. I was cold. Very cold.

I glanced around and saw Tazan wrapped up in a blanket at the edge seat; Iggy softly snoring from the window seat (still in his carrier, I might add), and I was curled up in a blanket in the middle seat. My carrier was on the ground.

I yawned again and glanced up. The sunroof was still open; it was night, and I could see small snowflakes.

    I glanced around and saw something sticking out of Tazan's seat in front of him; a book.

   I jumped on Tazan's lap, careful to be gentle. I pulled out the book with my sharp canines, slightly puncturing the cover.

The Summoning
(This is a real book, it does not belong to me, but I have read it and it's really good)
Might as well. It's not like a have anything else to do.

Soon I was immersed into the book, flipping the pages with difficulty.

Iggy stirred and sat up, yawning, showing my his long canines.

I decided that I had enough reading; I was half way through the book and was only reading for about half an hour. When I was human, I was always very fast at reading, which helped me a lot when studying.

Iggy studies me; "what are you doing?"

I answered, not that polite, "um, reading? A book?"

He stared at me with confusion.

"Reading?"

I regarded him. "Never mind. Do you know where we're going? It's cold out!"

He yawned again, showing me he wasn't really interested. "Somewhere. I don't know. I want to sleep," he added, turning around.

I decided that wasn't a bad idea and jumped on Tazan's lap. His body radiated heat; I often wondered if that was healthy, but I will take advantage of it now.

I yawned a spread out, my belly to the side.