Chapter 34 - Gluten-free waffles

A/N: Hey guys! So I finally started my summer break, and I'll be able to upload more so here's a fairly long chapter to celebrate that! Don't forget to like if you enjoyed this chapter and I LOVE reading all of your comments so don't hesitate to leave one!

*****

Spencer

From : Lilith
"Hey, do you wanna go on a date?"

Spencer stared at his phone screen, confused. Lilith had left in the middle of their hang out for an emergency, and now she was sending him this. He frowned, not knowing what to answer. He could feel his face burning.

The phone buzzed again.

From : Lilith
"With my friend, Jeanine, I mean."

Oh. That makes more sense, he thought. Okay. He didn't really know what to answer, now. The year following the death of Maeve, he had been too hurt to pursue a romantic relationship. After some time, he was ready again. But these last months he felt so truly happy, he hadn't really reflected on things like dating. Spencer thought about it for a bit. What was to lose? Maybe his teammates would stop making fun of him and Lilith, and see he was actually capable of dating. He felt a little uncomfortable being set up by Lilith, for some reason unbeknownst to him. The doctor simply swallowed his pride, and began typing.

Ok.

That sounded too dry. He didn't want to send that to Lilith.

Absolutely!

Too much enthusiasm. He didn't want Lilith to think he was craving affection or something.

Sure

That sounded good. Why did he care so much for what Lilith thought, anyways? He shook his head and pressed send.

Lilith

Lilith took out her vibrating phone from her pocket and glanced at its screen.

From : Spencer
"Sure"

"So, he answered?" Ezra asked, entering the kitchen.

Lilith bit her lip. She didn't know if she wanted to say it. But Jeanine was her friend, she could trust her.

"He said yes."

"Oh my god! This is so awesome!" Ezra shrieked.

Lilith was happy for Jeanine, but there was a weird feeling in her chest as she said the words. Trying to forget it, she asked Ezra,

"So, did you talk to Jeanine? Did she also agree?"

"Well, she's willing to give it a try. So clearly, we won!" The woman high-fived Lilith.

"Okay, so where should they go? Do you know a nice place around?" Ezra asked excitedly.

All the nice places she knew were places that her and Spencer would hang out at together. And she wanted to keep them a secret between him and her.

"Um no, not really." Lilith shrugged.

"Well, then that's okay. I know a small diner not far from here, I think they'd really like it."

"Yeah, sounds good!" She smiled.

*****