Chapter 22 - Diana

Lilith rang the doorbell. Soon enough, Spencer opened the door. The sight of her made him smile.

"I'm bored, Spencer. I haven't seen you for the past week because of your case. Can I stay with you?"

"Yeah, sure. You're always welcome here."

"Thanks, I was so lonely without you I thought I might die."
Lilith walked past him, and crashed onto his couch. She laid down and folded her legs, so that Spencer could sit next to her. The doctor took a seat on the sofa, a little tense. He was usually confortable around her, but today, he was a little uneasy. He couldn't help but overthink her letter, and how she'd ended it with « Love, Lilith ». It probably hadn't meant anything, but it still had risen questions within him. And the fact that she was laying down next to him wearing only a tank top and shorts didn't help much, either. Lilith propped herself on her elbows, and stared into Spencer's eyes, that had previously been running over her curves.

"I'm sorry if I've interfered something, it was really selfish to come unannounced. I just... missed you."

Spencer's heart skipped a beat.

"I missed you too." He replied simply.

She gave him a small smile.

"What were you doing before I rudely interrupted?"

"Well, um. I was writing a letter. To my mother, actually."

"That's nice of you. I only text my mother, I'm not so traditional." She laughed lightly.

"Yeah." He chuckled back, but she could tell there was some sadness hidden behind his smile.

"Spencer. What's wrong?"

"No, it's just... the whole 'writing a letter a day' thing kind of makes me feel a little selfish. As if I was avoiding visiting her."

"Why would you avoid visiting her?" Lilith furrowed her brow.

Spencer took a deep breath, looking stern.

"My mom is a paranoid schizophrenic. She's in a center, in Vegas."

Lilith fell silent. She knew what Spencer was fearing. After all, she was a doctor herself, and she knew his mother's condition could be hereditary.

"Does it feel as though you're escaping the truth? That you don't want to visit her because you're scared of your own mind?"

Spencer just looked at her, and nodded. She had exactly put into words how he felt. Lilith put herself in a sitting position, and thought for a moment.

"I advise you get two tickets for Las Vegas, then."

"Two?"

"We're gonna give your mom a visit."

Spencer couldn't believe it. She was ready to give up some of her own vacation days just for him. He couldn't let her do that, no matter how much he wanted to go with her.

"Lilith, I-"

"Nope. You don't get to say no. I know how you are, Spencer. If you don't have anyone to push you through the doors of that center, you're gonna chicken out and run back home."

She was right. Spencer gave a soft chuckle.

"Alright, alright. You'll have to tell me when you're free, though, so we can set this up properly." He paused. "My mom's gonna be so happy."

Lilith smiled.

"We're doing this, then."

2 weeks later