Chapter 21 - Babysitting

Spencer

The doctor sighed as the team closed another case. He started collecting stuff from his desk, and prepared to go home. He might even get the chance to hang out with Lilith if she was free. As he got out of the office, Spencer heard a few giggles in the corridor.

"Oh my god, tonight's gonna be so much fun!" Garcia squealed.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've had a girl's night." Emily agreed. "Are you sure you can't come, JJ?"

"I'm so sorry girls, I have to take care of Henry tonight since Will's out of town... I really wanted to come, though."

Spencer, overhearing the conversation, interfered.

"Hey, JJ. If you drop off Henry at my place, I can take care of him for tonight."

"Seriously? That would be amazing. Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver." Jennifer's face showed relief. She smiled, and he reciprocated.

"Yup, I'll see you and Henry at my place in an hour, then?"

"Of course, thank you so much once again."

***

Lilith picked up her vibrating phone from her pocket.

"Dr Park, from Washington's medical examination office. What can I do for you?"

"Hey, it's Spencer."

The girl's face lit up. Ever since they'd talked about their past, it felt as though they'd grown even closer.

"Hey, Doc! I didn't check the caller ID. So, what's up?"

"Not much, it's just that tonight I'm babysitting my friend's kid, so I doubt we'll be able to watch the new Doctor Who episode together..."

"Oh..." Lilith was a little disappointed. "Wait, maybe I can come help you babysit? We could still watch the episode."

"I don't want to bother you..."

"I love kids. It won't be any bother!" She replied cheerfully.

"Okay then I guess, I'll see you at my place in a bit?"

"Yup, I'm soon done with work."

Lilith smiled at the prospect of seeing the doctor, as she zipped up the body bag.

***

"Thank you so much again, Spencer, really."

"Oh, don't worry. I love spending time with Henry anyways. Lilith will help me a bit, she's in the kitchen right now."

"I see." JJ replied, a huge smirk on her face. "Well, I'll leave you guys then. Hope you have a good time, I'll come get him tomorrow morning? "

"Yup!"

"Thank you, goodbye my boy!" The woman said as she crouched and placed a kiss on her son's cheek.

"Goodbye mama!" Henry replied before Spencer closed the door.

The little boy ran inside the apartment, overjoyed to spend some time with his godfather. Henry, completely distracted, ran into a short woman.

"Sorry!" The boy said, as he rubbed his head.

"Don't worry." Lilith smiled, and bent over to be face to face with him. "You must be Henry! I'm Lilith."

"Hello, Lilith."

"Oh my, you're adorable!" She said as she ruffled his hair. "Do you want some hot chocolate?"

The little boy nodded with glee.