Chapter 18 - Plane rides

Spencer

The doctor had been crammed in the backseat of Emily's car, stuck between the window and JJ. Derek turned around in his front seat and gave Spencer a smirk.

"So, feel like explaining?"

"It really wasn't like that." The young man replied, still flustered by the events.

"You shouldn't be ashamed Spencer. She is really cute. I still wonder how you managed to score that."

"I'm not dating Lilith!"

JJ gave a little whistle, impressed.

"Wow. Never thought you were the one-night stand kind of guy."

"No! You don't understand!"

The whole car laughed, as Spencer sighed with his face in his hands.

This case was going to be hell.

***

The team had boarded on the plane and taken off. They were now flying, an hour away from their headquarters at Quantico. Spencer remained silent as he felt his colleagues' stares on him. He could hear Derek, on the other side of the plane, speak in a low voice to Rossi. The older man let out a loud laugh.

"Hotch, come here, you won't believe this!"

Rossi whispered something into Hotch's ear, and the boss snickered at his words. "Really..? Wow." His face showed some disbelief.

Aaron turned to Spencer, who was pretending he wasn't paying attention.

"Congratulations Reid, for your girlfriend. You'll have to introduce her to us at our next get together."

The doctor let out a desperate sigh,

"For the last time, Lilith is not my girlfriend!"

"Oh, I see." His boss said. "So are you what kids nowadays call friends with benefits? I didn't think you'd be the type."

"Oh God..."

To Spencer's relief, they had descended and were preparing to land. As soon as the wheels hit the ground, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"You should probably check the message out, it might be from your girl." Derek teased with a smirk.

Spencer rolled his eyes, and read the text.

From: Lilith

Guess what?! Wait, no, i'll tell you right now: I GOT THE FLAT! i'm moving in in two weeks, your help would totally be appreciated :)

See ya soon!

Ps: should i call you doc or neighbour now?

Spencer smiled, as he quickly typed a reply. He finally had something to look forward to.

"Definitely his girlfriend..." Rossi muttered under his breath.

Lilith

"Where should I put this?" The agent asked, holding a ridiculously large carton.

"Over there!" she pointed at a corner of the room. "Yep, there, perfect." The man put down the box. He paced toward the table where Lilith was sitting, and took a seat. Spencer grabbed the cinnamon tea she had prepared for him, and he took a few sips.

The two talked a bit about the case, to drift onto literature, medicine or even philosophy. She loved to hear him rant. Spencer was always so passionate, he could make anything interesting.

"Thanks for your help Spencer, seriously. I'm happy we're neighbours now, I might actually get to see you a little more between cases." She flashed him a big smile.

"I hope so too." He smiled back. "Well, shouldn't we unpack your stuff now? I can still help you."

"Oh no. No. I don't want you to profile me by you looking at my stuff. I refuse. I don't want to be analysed by you, Doc."

The doctor grinned.

"Alright then, no unpacking. Well, I should probably head back to my apartment."

"Yeah, maybe."

Spencer stood up from his chair and grabbed his bag. He paced toward the door, but stopped midway and turned around.

"H-Hey, Lilith. There's a new episode of Doctor Who tonight, you know."

She smiled, and looked at him.

"Of course. I'll bring the popcorn."