Season 2 Episode 9: Follow the Nose

Mitch leaned against Scott, slowly calming down. He didn't know exactly why, but he always felt a little more calm when he was with Scott. If he were in his old pack, he'd be absolutely freaking out. First Kirstie, now the bodies. He'd be pulling his hair out if Scott hadn't just wrapped his arm around him.

"We need to find her and quickly. If what I think is going on is going on, then she isn't safe out there." Kevin said.

"We need to lure her to us and find a way to keep her contained until we figure out what's going on." Avi said.

"How are we even going to find her?" Mitch asked.

Avi made his way over, stepping past his two friends and squatting down in front of Mitch. He raised his hand and closed it, erecting his pointer. He reached in forward and set it on the tip of Mitch's nose, doing to same to himself, "With these"

"Then we'll need something of hers to keep her scent strong." Kevin said, crossing his arms. At this point he was more focused on getting to the bottom of whatever's going on in the dark woods of the town, but he knew he had to keep this situation at the forefront of his mind if he wanted to be of any help to his friends.

"We should go to her house, then." Mitch said, closing his arms. Scott's warmth was putting him to sleep, fast.

Scott noticed, but also found himself too comfortable to move. Nevertheless, they had work to do, "Mitchy. Come on, let's go to Kirstie's place."

"I'm going to go warm up the car," Kevin said, pulling his keys from his pocket. He turned briskly and walked to the front door, exiting the house within moments.

Mitch sighed and, with much hesitation, pushed himself from Scott and stood, stretching.

Avi stood and ruffled Mitch's hair a bit, warning a groan.
"Don't touch my hair. I'm not a pet." Mitch said. His demeanor changed a bit after the word 'pet' slipped through his mouth, but he returned to normal as swiftly as he changed. He quickly fixed his hair and stuck his tongue out at Avi before he headed outside with Matt alongside him.

Scott stood and sighed heavily, "Man, this is stressful." He felt like he was going to start sprouting grey hairs. Regardless, he'd go bald if it meant keeping his friends safe.

The honk of a horn brought Scott from his thoughts. He shook his head a good time to level himself and headed outside with Avi behind him. He locked the door before he headed to the smal coupe, getting into the passenger seat after letting Avi get into the back with Mitch and Matt.

Kevin pulled out of the driveway, beginning the drive.

Mitch fidgeted in his seat, tapping his fingers together and chewing his lip lightly. He told Kevin directions whenever he was needed to, but he was still nervous.

Avi noticed Mitch anxiety and sighed, reaching his hand across Matt's lap and grabbed the smaller male's hand in his own. He gave him a reassuring squeeze and interlaced their fingers, smiled.

Mitch blushed a little, but he was thankful that Avi was doing this. He rested his head on Matt's shoulder and crossed his legs.

Matt gave a soft chuckle, "You're like Charlie and Jadon." He could recall the comfortable friendship the previously mentioned had, and although Charlie and Jadon were most likely much more comfortable with each other, Avi and Mitch were decently comparable.

Mitch giggled.

Avi gave a sarcastic eye roll at the statement and leaned back in his seat, looking out the window and watching the landscape pass them by as he rode.

Kevin soon pulled into the driveway of an old house. It was a beautifully aged, Victorian style home. There was definitely character here. He got out of the car and could already catch a faint smell of Kirstie's perfume.

Mitch got out with the help of Kevin, walking around the house to the grill. He lifted the grate and pulled the spare key from among the old charcoal pieces. He blew it off and closed the grate, heading back around to unlock the door.

Upon entering, Avi was extremely baffled by just how much smiling was done in the photos that decorated the walls, shelves, and fireplace. Most of the smiled were from Kirstie, which was the most surprising of all of them.

Mitch jogged upstairs, heading to Kirstie's room. He had been here before, so he knew where he was going. He returned with Kirstie's dirt clothes hamper, placing it on the coffee table. He opened the hamper and pulled out a dirty shirt of her's.

Scott grabbed a hoodie, Kevin a sweater, Matt a blouse.

Avi reached in and randomly pulled out a bra. He put it back and fished back in, yanking out Kirstie's underwear. He blushed and shoved it back in, grabbing another thing. He sighed when he pulled out a sock.

"What do we do if we find her?" Mitch asked.

"When we find her, we do our best to get her back to my house safe and sound." Scott corrected, informing them all.

Kevin, Matt, and Avi all nodded in understanding. Each of the boys took a short sniff of the clothing item they held in their hands. After a while, Mitch caught a faint, almost non-existent scent. He had to strain his nose to catch it. He could see a faint image of Kirstie in his mind. She was sitting on her knees, arms resting on something. The arm of a chair, perhaps? Her eyes were closed, from what he could tell. And her hair kept swishing slightly on top; like she was being pet.

"Anything?" Scott asked.

Mitch nodded, "I've got something."

Avi sighed in relief and put the sock back, rubbing his nose.

"Let's get in the car and Mitch can tell us where to go." Kevin suggested.

The others gave soft nods of agreement and they filed out, Mitch locking the door and putting it back before getting in the car.

Kevin started to engine and pulled out of the driveway, starting off on the journey.

"Please be safe." Mitch whispered as they drove.