Season 2 Episode 4: Avi's Suspicion

Kevin sighed in content as he rested on his lounge chair, sitting in his trunks with a pair of sunglasses on.

The rough sound of branches snapping and Avi panicking as he fell ruining the chirping birds and soft breeze.

Avi stood, picking the sticks and leaves out of his hair as he walked over to Kevin, sitting in the chair beside Kevin.

"There is a such thing as a front door, bro." Kevin said.
"The tree route was cooler." Avi shrugged.

Kevin sat up, lifting his sunglasses, "Is there a reason you mutilated a tree to get back here?"

Avi chuckled, pulling a caterpillar from his hair, "Yes, actually. It's about this Roman guy."
"Seriously, man, this is ridiculous. Why can't you just leave her alone?" Kevin frowned.
"Because, man... I've just got a feeling. Something about him just doesn't sit right with me." Avi frowned, too.

Kevin sighed, looking down and thinking for a minute before he looked back up, "Alright. I believe that you have a problem with Roman. And, as your best friend, I am obligated to help you... no matter how stupid the length."

Avi grinned, "Thanks bud!"
"Yeah, yeah. How are we going to prove that he's anything if he is something?" Kevin crossed his arms.
"We could try Ghost Ash." Avi shrugged.

Kevin nodded, "Alright. Here's what we're going to do..."
——————

Kevin told Scott about the plan, who passed it on to Mitch. Scott made Mitch swear he wouldn't tell Kirstie, which made Mitch not want to join in entirely. Still, he was a part of the pack. And the pack was doing something for the greater good.

Avi signaled to Kevin that he had Roman in his sights and that he was going in.

Roman was leaning against the lockers, speaking to his siblings. Avi tapped his shoulder, gathering his attention, "Hey! I'm a friend of Kirstie's. I just wanted to ask you a few questions." He said.

What Kevin could hear made him want to facepalm, but he payed attention, keeping his ears sharp.

"Uh... sure, I guess. What are they?" Roman asked.
"I was hoping we could talk about this privately. She doesn't really know, ya know?" Avi smiled.

Roman found this suspicious, but shrugged and walked with Avi out to the field where the track trail was.

"Kirstie's a dear friend of mine. I don't want to see her hurt, or anyone else for that matter. What are your intentions with my friend?" Avi asked.

Roman chuckled, "Well, I plan for her to be my one and only. She's a flower I want to protect from the acidic rain of this tainted world."

Avi was a bit thrown off by this answer, and the accent didn't really help, "Well aren't you a poetic one."

Roman smiled, "I'd like to think so, yes."

Roman hadn't really noticed that they had stepped deeper into the trail, shadowed over by mildly dense woods.

"I have on more question." Avi snapped his fingers, jumping to the side as Kevin came from behind a bush, tossing the Ghost Ash. The ash formed a circle around Roman, confusing him.

Scott and Mitch came from behind a tree, Mitch looking more sorry and Scott more ashamed.

"What is this? Why'd you throw dust at me?" Roman asked. He truly had no idea what the ashes were.

"Dude! Have you guys been spying?! I thought I said no! Come on, Roman. Let's try a different place." Avi said, walking.

Roman tried taking a step forward, but a rippling barrier knocked Roman back into the circle.