Season 1 Episode 8: Nightfall

Updates out the ass because why not
-------------
"Have a great trip. Fly safe." Kevin waved his mother off as the taxi started down the road.

He closed the door and checked the time.
"Five fifteen? Alright." He said, heading upstairs to his room to grab the ingredients for the project.

At six o'clock on the dot, the doorbell rang, catching Kevin's attention from the kitchen.
"At least he's punctual." He smiled, heading towards the front door.

Kevin opened the door only to find Avi standing with a sheepish grin.
"Hey, Kev." He said.
"What's up?" Kevin asked, opening the door further for Avi to come in.
"Not much. Just wanted to hang. Haven't really had much time with my best friend in a few days." Avi replied.

The two walked into the kitchen, taking seats at the island where Kevin had set up everything.
"What's all this for?" Avi asked, gesturing to the benson burner and test tubes.
"A partner project. Speaking of whom, he should be here soon." Kevin checked his wrist watch and shook his head slightly.

Avi could hear a heart beat approaching the house. It was slow. Almost too slow for a human's. He was brought from his thoughts when the doorbell rang.
"That should be him." Kevin said, getting up and jogging towards the door.
-------

Kirstie and Scott both watched the Lyngheiõr kid approach the house Avi had walked in a few moments ago. They we're both confused as to why he would be going to Kevin's house.

They saw Kevin open the door and say hi using their supernatural senses.
"Hey, Jake. Ready for some science?" Kevin asked.
"Hell yeah." The boy, Jake, replied.

Jake entered the house and Kevin closed the door, leaving the two to find a better way to spectate.
"What now?" Scott asked Kirstie.
"For the leader of a pack, you sure do rely on others a lot. Let's look through a window. Follow me." Kirstie replied, sneaking around him.

The two found the bay window of the kitchen to be perfect for spectating. Scott was impressed that Kevin's house looked so neat and pristine.
"He's got a neat place. Let's just hope it doesn't get a new crimson paint." Kirstie spoke.
------

"Avi, this is my partner for the project... Jake. Jake, this is my best friend Avi." Kevin introduced.
"Hey." Jake offered his hand for a shake which Avi returned.

Avi couldn't place it, but he was picking up a scent that made his skin feel weird and his mind haze slightly. He didn't understand how, seeing as everything around him was normal until now.

"Why don't we start? I'll grab some protective goggles and we'll begin. Avi, don't touch anything." Kevin said, exiting the kitchen to the garage.

Jake almost instantly turned his head to Avi in an almost stiff manor.
"You smell funny." He spoke. He seemed to be hissing out his 's's.

Avi furrowed his eyebrows and frowned a little.
"Excuse me?" He asked.

A long, forked tongue flickered out of Jake's mouth and he spoke once more.
"You smell different." He spoke, still hissing.

Avi narrowed his eyes, confused with the situation.
"Oh my... you're the-"
"Shhh!" Jake hushed him, placing his finger over Avi's lips.

Avi watched as scales started to surface down Jake's arm and up the left side of his face. His eyes started to become vertically narrow at the pupils and his jaw became wider.
"Fuck." Avi whispered.

Jake hissed loudly and hopped up to stand on the stool, swiping Avi with his claws.

Avi quickly stood up and was about to show his own fangs and claws, but a swift blur slammed Jake from the stool onto the floor.
"Run!" Kevin shouted.

Avi's eyes widened and he used his strength to pick up Kevin and Jake, doing his best to pry Jake off.

Kevin head butted Jake before kicking him, sending him flying into the wall.

Avi put Kevin down and Kevin sighed.
"I'm sorry you had to find out this way." He sighed, his eyes glowing a bright yellow.
"You're a werewolf?" Avi asked, eyes wide as saucers.
"Now is not the time for shock. Run!" Kevin said, his face shifting and his claws extending.

Avi's gaping mouth curved into a smile and his eyes also glowed yellow.
"I guess we're all revealing secrets." His face also shifted and his claws extended.

Kevin gave a soft grunt for a response and the friends both roared together at the shaking weresnake. Jake hissed before the other side of his body surfaced scales.
"Let's kick some snake ass!" Avi cheered.

Jake dove for Kevin, but Avi kicked him in the face before he could reach. Kevin reached down and picked Jake up, slamming him onto the kitchen table and climbing on top of him.

Avi felt his excitement almost explode from him. He howled as loud as he could and almost instantly Kirstie and Scott barged through the front door, both fully shifted.

Jake kicked Kevin into the ceiling before flipping over and standing on guard of the four werewolves.
"Don't let him out!" Kirstie shouted, charging for Jake.

Jake slinked back in a flip, wrapping his legs around her neck as tossing Kirstie over the table. Scott wrapped his arms around Jake from behind and attempted to slam him down, but Jake slithered out of his hold and punched him in the face.

Avi swung his claw at Jake, managing to land a scratch. The four gashes of Avi's attack closed with a green, skin-like material on Jake's skin before it returned to its scales.
"No way." Avi whispered.

Jake backhanded Avi away, jumping out of the window without a second thought.

The four werewolves lied on the ground, defeated.
"Man he's strong." Avi groaned, rubbing his face.
"He's not a normal weresnake. There were more elements to his strength than just him." Kevin huffed, resting on the table.
"Like what?" Kirstie asked, rubbing her neck.

Kevin sighed and regained his balance, fixing his clothes.
"He was extremely hostile. Usually, weresnakes only resort to battle as a last option. He must've been under a drug induced rage. His strength, however, is because he's a special type of weresnake. We have to see his fully shifted form in order to know which for certain." Kevin explained.

Scott staggered to his feet.
"Well I don't want to wait around and find out. We need to find him before nightfall." He stated.
"I'm gonna rip his head off." Kirstie growled.
"Let's go before he gets too far." Avi said.

The four bolted out of the door and in the last direction they saw Jake head off to.
----------

By now, it was almost seven and they still hadn't found him.
"We need to split up?" Scott said.
"And get our asses whooped in smaller numbers? No thanks." Kirstie scoffed.

Kevin was going to speak, but a sound gathered all of their attention. It was a howl.

It was a howl that held physical and emotional pain as well as desperation. Like it was expected to be their last.
"You guys heard that too?" Avi asked.
"Obviously." Kevin quipped.
"Let's go find out who it is." Scott said.
"Hello! We have a weresnake on the loose and you want to check a distress howl?" Kirstie gawked, amazed.

Scott groaned loudly and ran a hand through his hair. Then, he remember something.
"There's a football game tonight, right?" He asked.
"Now isn't the time for sports, Scott!" Kirstie shouted.
"I know what he's getting at. From my knowledge, Jake is on the team. He'll probably be heading to the school." Kevin spoke.
"Exactly!" Scott shouted.
"So now what?" Avi asked.
"We split up. Kevin and I will head to the school while you and Kirstie check the distress howl. Sound good?" Scott asked.

There was a stiff silence, only adding to Kirstie's annoyance.
"Fine! Let's go before I change my mind." Kirstie said.

Kevin and Scott both sprinted towards the school while Kirstie and Avi both sprinted towards where they heard the distress howl.