Chapter 46: Lies

Anna

I was wearing a classic A-line long green dress with and some uncomfortable high heels; Alexander had been nice enough to give me a black choker to hide the bruises he made around my neck. 

Before walking into the party, he gave me another diluted wolfsbane shot, 'just to make sure.' Apparently, two daily shots of that would prevent me from using my abilities without any long-term effect. I do not want to imagine how they tested that theory out.

His arm around my waist made my skin crawl. However, I had to smile. That is what he told me. We were surrounded by pack members and other guests from different packs. Before the party, Alexander had said that I should behave so the guy making company to Aiden does not hurt him. I heard it more like: 'this is just a friendly reminder that I am a pathetic piece of trash that needs to threaten you to keep you here by my side.'

It should be easy enough. I just have to pretend to be happy. Okay, it was extremely difficult. Just forcing myself to not glare at the bastard latched to my waist was hard enough; Smiling was nearly impossible. But, I had to do it. I needed to get him to put his guard down.

"Love... love?" Alexander was peeking at my face with a small smile and waving his hand.

"Yes?" I said. Put yourself together, Anna. You cannot afford to be zoning out right now. 

"You seem distracted, princess. Alpha Wallace here was asking how many pups we are planning to have. It is your body. So, I am letting you decide that."

Annoying psycho bastard say what? How about zero kids and I kill you.  "Oh, I have not thought about it," I said.

I looked at Luna Marilyn. She had her head lowered in submission. So the rumors were true. Alpha Wallace is not completely wicked, but he does not treat his Luna as his equal.

I have only met them before once, in my wolf form. Alexander had forbidden me to introduce myself as the Beta of the Silver Moon pack. Curse my habit of avoiding showing myself in my human form to other werewolves.

"We may just end up having several pups as I want, then. Alpha Wallace is leaving soon to go to the birthday party of the future Alpha of the Wild Moon Pack. Isn't he your student?" Alexander kissed the back of my hand. 

A sinking feeling in my stomach suddenly made it difficult to breathe. I felt like I could break down in tears right there. I dug my nails into my palms and bit my lower lip to stop it from quivering.

Alexander kept talking nonchalantly. "Tell the birthday boy that his teacher and future Luna of the Blood River pack Anna Amores wishes him a happy birthday."

I stared at Alexander wide-eyed. I am not sure if I was surprised or furious. I knew he is petty, but this is just cruel. Oh, I am outraged. But, this is a chance.

I looked at Alpha Wallace in the eye. "Tell Ca- Mr. King that I wish I could be by his side," I said. 

A sharp pain on my waist almost made me wince. Alexander had dug his fingers into my side. I do not think it was a coincidence that he had not pierced my skin. He probably does not want anyone to smell my blood and realize what he is doing. 

He pulled me closer and crashed his lips into mine. I tried to push him away, but he had one hand in the back of my head and the other one was gripping my hips. He invaded my mouth selfishly. The most he touched me, the dirtier I felt. I wanted to disappear. I need my mate. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Mate, come wipe my tears away and tell me everything is going to be fine