Chapter 44: His Birthday

A/N: The age of the characters has been changed. Caleb and the rest of the boys are now 17 at the beginning of the story. Mates are found at the age of 18.

Anna

We were in the middle of binge-watching Supernatural and I kept glancing at the clock from time to time. There were fifteen minutes left for my little Alpha's birthday. He had one arm wrapped around my shoulders. The back of my head rested against his hard chest. I was so excited that no attempt to calm down would work. I kept fidgeting with his hands.

"I know you how desperately you want to be completely mine, my love. But, I was born at 7:05 PM. It would not be healthy for you to spend the whole day this nervous." Caleb whispered into my ear.

I scoffed. Just because it is almost his birthday, I will let this one pass. "I know! But still... I want to be the first one to say happy birthday to you." I looked at him, pouting. 

He laughed and kissed me on my temple. "Okay, gorgeous."

When there were exactly four minutes left for 12:00 AM I turned to look at him. "Wait here for a moment." I stood up and went to my closet. It had taken me a month to get the perfect gift. Thankfully, I had gotten it before Caleb and I began spending every day together. 

I pulled out the blue jewelry gift box from the hidden place between my sea of clothes and checked the time again. Two minutes left. I got the letter as well and clutched it against my chest. This is the first love letter I have ever written. I covered my face with both of my hands, feeling my cheeks burning up. I am dying of embarrassment before even giving it to him. I tried to pep talk myself. C'mon Anna. Pull yourself together! You can do this! 

'Yes. You can! Mate will love it! I know it!' Larentia said.

I sighed and checked the time again. One minute left. I cannot do this! I banged my head against the wall. It hurt. Larentia growled at me. I took a deep breath and sprinted out of the closet before I could change my mind.

Caleb gave me a quizzical look as I walked toward him. Before he could make one of his hilarious remarks, I began singing happy birthday to him. He turned the TV off and his dreamy crystal blue eyes focused on me. The corners of his lips twitched and slowly arched upwards. I had never seen a smile so pure, captivating and alluring like the one he gave me that night. I would do anything to protect that smile of his, I thought.

After finishing singing, I sat in front of him and gave him the present and the letter. 

"Today is the best day of this year, because eighteen years ago on this day, the most wonderful, sweet, charming, lovable person was born. I love everything about you and I hope to be by your side every year on this date and every day. Happy birthday, little Alpha of mine. I hope that in this new year of life your health, wisdom and happiness only increase."

Caleb put the gifts on the coffee table and enveloped me in a warm hug. Keeping his arms around me, he pulled away enough to give me little kisses on my forehead, temples and cheeks. I giggled at the warm tingly sensation his lips gave me.

He pulled away completely; Some tears were running down his cheeks. He gave me a soft smile when I wiped them off. "Thank you, my soul mate. This is already the best birthday ever. I am madly in love with you, you know?" he said.

He sniffled and blinked a couple of times. I doubt there is a person more adorable than him in the whole world. He took some deep breaths and got the gift box from the coffee table.