Chapter 17

"How are you feeling?" Michael said as I woke up. My head was pounding. I looked around the room and saw Michael laying down next to me in the bed. "l wanted to let you know that I laid your brother to rest. He's buried in the back."

It took me a minute to remember what had happen. Tears started to fall down my cheek as I started to sit up.

"Did I kill Justin?" I asked. Praying that this was some horrible dream. Michael looked at me and nodded.

I quickly got up, not believing that all this was real. I ran outside to the back of the house where Michael said my brother was buried. There I saw a wooden cross that was planted on the ground. I slowly walked towards the cross and dropped to my knees.

Tears fell from my cheeks as I saw what I had hoped was only a dream, but yet, my worst nightmare had happen instead.

All I could think that I was alone. I had no one left.

The only family I had left in my eyes was Tim. My father and mother did care about me, only if I was what they wanted me to be.

"I'm so sorry, Elizabeth." Michael said as I looked up and saw Michael, from the corner of my eye, on his knees staring at me. " I know this is a very hard time that you are going through, but you need to let me help you through this."

My heart wanted to listen to him and let him help me, but my brain thought otherwise. He was the reason for all this mess, I thought to myself.

"You started this, all of this. Its your fault my brother is dead. I should've never allowed you to come back into my life." I said.

"So you are going to blame me for everything that I had no control over?"

"Yes." I stood up and so did Michael.

"I came back for you, so I could be with you. I didn't know that Justin would beat you almost to death and kill your father and brother. You can't blame someone else's actions on someone else." He paused as I looked away. My tears were starting to dry up on my face. "I didn't know that he would find you-"

"That's the thing. He did find me! You said that my brother and I were both safe and that he would never find us, but he did!" I screamed at him.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry. I love-"

"Don't even finish that sentence! You only love yourself!." I started to walk back to the house when he grabbed my arm.

"Will you let me finish?" He asked, I pulled my arm from his grasp.

"No! Fuck off and leave me alone!" I ran into the house and locked the door. I fell down to the floor with my back up against the door.

I could hear Michael climbing up the stairs and trying to open the door. "Please Elizabeth, let me in. Let's talk about this."

I stayed silent, until I heard his footsteps walk away from the door. I held my head in my hands as I started to dry even more.

I didn't know what to do or how to feel about everything. My mind was everywhere. I knew it wasn't Michael's fault, but I wanted someone to blame. I cried even more knowing that I just pushed away my best friend and the love of my life.