Epilogue

Elites Base II: Atrium

9am

On the TV, there was a breaking news report. "This morning, President Donald Trump was found murdered in his hotel room in Miami. Countless members of his cabinet as well as senators were found dead as well. So far, nobody has come forward but many believe that this was an act of terrorism by the Ex-Counter Terrorism Initiative IATO." In the building, everybody was beginning to clean up the entire mess of broken glass and rubble. "The University Medical Labs are examining the remains of the Shadows and should be able to compile a full analysis within the next month. As for Sapphire, I have plans for that android, but we'll have to wait for the carbon monoxide to die down in the cave." Jay said as he continued to repair the elevator. His body was covered in bandages, which he covered with a sweater. "Nat left with Wade about an hour ago back to Chicago. I think our problems have just about been solved." Rob was sweeping up the rubble on the floor when he stopped to take a break. "God these injuries make this much harder. Couldn't you have gone for the self-repairing windows?" Jay replied "Because they don't exist. Asking something into existence doesn't make them real." Jay paused, and said "Somebody out there is still pulling strings. I mean, how was The Society able to find us here?" Rob paused, and asked "Why did you let her do it. You let her just go off on her own with another teenager." Jay replied "She would have gone even if her dad and I said no. But I know who she's with, and Nat is in good hands." Nicole finally interrupted and said "She's a sixteen-year-old girl with poor judgement!" Jay replied "So are you. She's matured. And she's in good hands. Guardian is one determined kid. And this could be something to round her around the edges. I know you're only looking out for her sister, but she'll come back. And it won't be because we need her to." Robert interrupted and said "Ya know Jay's right. This can be good for her, and good for us." Jayson finally said "Now we can get back to our task of finding more Elites. Except now we're running a bit thin, but we'll have to manage."

Chicago, Illinois

Wade and Natalie stepped out of the airport and hailed a cab. "Are you alright?" Will asked. Nat took a moment to respond and said "I'm home. Let's kick some ass and take some names."