Chapter VI: Investigation

Elites Base II: Miami, FL

After hours of waiting, traveling and layovers, the Elites finally made their way back to their home. It was a contemporary facility on acres of land. It had 3 large buildings, a pool, and a docking area for trucks and aircrafts. As the Elites walked in to the largest building, all the lights turned on, and a camera extended from the ceiling. The security system then began to scan everyone who entered. "Bluestone: A-1, Stone: A-2, Amber: A-4, Ruby: A-3. Access Granted." A second set of doors opened into a large 3-story mission center, called the Atrium. Bluestone grabbed a large case from the car and placed it in a safe. He then put in a code and locked it. The case had the tri-knife Amber found. The four quickly got to work and went into a large room on the third floor. It had couches, coffee tables, TVs on each wall, and a blinking blue light device in the center of the floor.

Jay placed a black USB in the device and pulled out a small controller. The device then began to project a hologram. "So this is what we know about this secret society. They call themselves the Society of Rogues. They have their own militia as well. The masks on display were extremely similar to the masks of the assassins who attacked me a couple of days ago. Heck, my back is still sore from all that. From the pin I placed on the mask, one of their hideouts is beneath Independence Hall in Philadelphia. But the pin has moved to Miami, as if it's following us. I can try to go back after them tonight." Nicole interrupted "Not in your condition. You're still hurt." Jay replied "I'm fine. I can take them. Rob chimed in "No. You're staying here. I'll go to investigate in Philly because you need to rest." After hesitating for a moment, Jay finally caved in and said "Fiiiiine. You'll go. But I have a mission for Ruby too. I'm sending you out to Chicago. We need to talk to these rogue enhanced. Maybe they'll know a thing or two about the Rogues and the assassins." Natalie spoke once Jay had stopped "What about me? Do you have some special assignment for me?" Jay replied "After those out of town incidents, you're on probation. You are not to leave this base for a week unless you are going home. If that is the case, you are to let me know. But don't feel so bad, there are tons of things you can do in the base. We have movie screening rooms, gaming rooms, an Olympic Pool, VR simulations, you'll be fine." Jay then went into his office with a large computer to continue the search. The other Elites got into small jets in a hangar, and left for their destinations. Stone to Philadelphia, and Ruby to Chicago.

Natalie walked in to Jay's room to see him hard at work, multitasking as usual. He had an image of the tri knife, as well as Zach's blueprints and electrical schematics. "Find anything yet?" Nat asked. "Not sure. I may have found the source of his pre-programmed assassin skills. There's a device that register's every time he kills somebody. When I pulled up the files remotely, I found that the device registered one kill on November 5th. This would mean that our theories were correct. Sapphire is still alive and doing Endgame's dirty work. But why would he kill his own creator?" Nat replied "Oh my... as interesting as this sounds, I'm gonna head home. It's been a few weeks since I saw my father and brother." Jay replied "Alright. Get in a car and go. Remember what I said." Natalie then jumped into her orange Mercedes and drove off. But she never went home.

8p.m.

Jay picked up his phone and called Nicole, who had just arrived in Chicago minutes before. "Hey Ruby." He said. "Nat never went home. I'm tracking her position now, she's somewhere in Downtown Miami. Should I engage?" Ruby quickly replied "If she's downtown, she's probably just having a night out. She'll come back in a few hours." Jay replied "She better."

On top of a building, Natalie was wearing her Amber suit and skirt, as well as a full cloak and a mask. She pulled out the flip phone and hit the call button. She was ready to make her decision.