Chapter III: Ambush

The Abandoned IATO Facility

Washington, D.C

As Bluestone drove closer to the building, he could see the towering structure. However, he could not get any closer, because of a tall fence surrounding the building. Bluestone was able to scale the 15-foot gate in seconds. He landed on top of the security terminal, and pulled out a pair of binoculars. When looking across the building. He noticed at least 8 different security cameras. All of which had the red light on. They were fully functional and recording. Something was being hidden. Bluestone then switched his mask over to targeting mode, allowing him to identify each camera and target it. He then tossed silver kunai at each camera, and kept going into the building. Upon reaching the base of the tower, he pulled out a grappling hook and entered through an open door where an elevator used to be. Upon entering, he jumped into the hallway and made his way towards the center area. After the Elites had destroyed project Endgame, all of IATO's suspicious files were leaked and the underground organization was shut down for good in the United States. Bluestone quickly made his way down to a wall. Bluestone thought to himself "Please be a secret door." He pulled out a part of the wall and found a control panel. He pulled out the power cables, and the door slid open to reveal a gallery, and all the lights flickered on.

Bluestone walked along the display cases and saw many different artifacts. The world's smallest gun, a mortar shell, and many other relics. He noticed an empty cage. The label said Elites Tri Knife. Bluestone removed the case, and pulled the bloody knife out of a plastic bag, and placed it on a stand. Suddenly, the stand slid down and closed. Bluestone tried to pull with all his might, but the seal would not open. Almost instantly, A TV monitor suddenly turned on and started playing a video. The Endgame logo appeared on the screen, and then the title Project Silent Death. A similar voice began speaking. It was Pierce talking in the documentary. "With crime rates rising and terrorism on the rise, the world is spiraling into chaos. But the engineers and field agents at IATO may have a solution. Project Silent Death is an initiative I started decades ago. It will consist of cloned, ancient warriors, preserved using special fluids that allow us to make them the ultimate Super-Soldiers. This initiative will provide us with a deadly, yet expendable group of assassins. This initiative will allow us to keep a close eye on the Elites when their program launches, and simultaneously terminate them if something goes wrong. This league of stealthy warriors will be led by our crown jewel of the Elites Initiative. Android ZC-918 will be their leader, and inarguably the deadliest of them all. Equipped with claws, a tactical sword, throwing knives, wrist daggers, and four tri knives. If this initiative goes through as planned, we will eradicate all threats anywhere and everywhere." Then in bold red letters across the screen, it said "Project Silent Death: Terminated". Bluestone was in shock. Sapphire was to be the leader of Silent Death. This meant that he was the one who murdered Pierce back in Chernobyl. As he walked out of the room to leave the building, there was a shadow in his path. "Who are you?" Bluestone asked, while reaching for a sword, but he was without one. Three more were behind him. Suddenly, they all pulled out two knives and ran at Bluestone.

In the night, criminals were out doing fiendish things. Taking people's wallets, phones and purses. The criminal said "Is this all you have? I was expecting more out of somebody as well dressed as you." He pulled out a knife, while the other was stealing a getaway car. Just before he slit the man's throat, a gold shuriken hit the knife out of his hand. As he turned around Amber lunged at him and tossed him on the ground. As the other crook drove around, she punched the glass in the window, and turned the wheel and slammed the car into a wall. Both crooks grabbed their knives and guns and prepared to shoot. Suddenly, a second shadow showed up and stabbed one thug in the throat with a throwing knife. As he lunged for the second, Amber jumped in the way. "Stop!" She said. "We have enough evidence to put him behind bars." The shadow responded in a deep tone "There is no better way to stop crime than to end it at the source. I took care of the old man for you. I won't help you this time." The shadow then handed Amber a tri knife and said "Kill him." The crook had tears in his eyes. She couldn't do it. The shadow replied. "Keep the knife, as a token." In an instant, he was off. Amber chased after him, running across buildings to keep up. At last, she caught him on top of the Air and Space museum. The shadow then said, "You can speak freely here. My respect for the Elites, and all their achievements is high. But there are some lines they refuse to cross. Maybe because of some misleading moral code." Amber asked "Who are you?" The shadow replied "My name is Onyx. And I want to help you." Amber replied "Why me?" The shadow replied "I've been watching you for months. You have potential, but as long as you ride with your friends, you've been limiting yourself. I want to help you reach your full potential. The Elites refuse to 'terminate' their enemies. Probably because of some misguided moral code, or pity." Amber asked: "How do you decide who lives and who dies?" Onyx responded "That takes an exceptional human being." Onyx then handed her a flip phone. "Whenever you're ready to accept my offer, simply hit the call button. And don't worry, it's not a tracking device. I cannot find you until you call. The number is already in the contacts." "I'll have to think on it." Amber replied coldly.

The assassins were like cheetahs. They hit Bluestone left and right, and then vanished. They were wearing all black, with blood red eyes. Bluestone was able to block many of their attacks, but it wasn't enough. When he blocked one soldier, he was cut by another. Suddenly, another took both knives and stabbed him. Once in the shoulder and again in the back. Bluestone took a defensive approach, and was finally able to find an opening. He grabbed one and tossed it at two others. He then pulled out smoke pellets and took out two more. He grabbed one and threw him into a wall. The shadow's neck was twisted, but then it cracked straight. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his back. He looked around to see that one assassin put two more knives in his back. Bluestone began to feel dizzy, and knew he couldn't fight them alone. He ran for the door and fired a grappling hook to the elevator for a quick escape. Before he could reach the top, the cable was cut by his own throwing star, dropping him four stories into a fountain. Bluestone simply couldn't keep going. Before the remaining assassins could finish him off, there was a loud screech coming from each of them. Suddenly their heads smoked up, and were blown clean off. Bluestone hit a button on his mask, and as everything went black.

Rob was in an apartment when he noticed Amber was nowhere to be seen. "Nic, have you seen your sister anywhere?" Nicole replied "I think she's in her room. When Stone went for her room, the door was locked. "Open the door Nat!" When he got no response, he broke the lock and walked in. There was nobody there, and the window was open. The Amber uniform was missing too. "Oh crap! Jay's gonna kill us when he gets back." Nicole then got a beacon on her phone. It was a distress call. The phone then gave Bluestone's location and says "Bluestone has been injured. He needs your help."