Chapter II: The Others

Washington D.C.

November 7th

Inside of a warehouse in Washington, The Elites were at work, making sense of what they had seen in Ukraine. "I honestly don't know what to think about this whole ordeal guys." Jay said. "But going by what I heard on Amber's earpiece is that he was keeping them there, while enhancing others." Nicole then jumped in on the conversation "Perhaps he's been doing this for years. Kidnapping children when they're young, raising them to be killing machines, and then injecting them with a serum they made based off the first enhanced's mind." Rob interrupted "You don't think Zach had something to do with this, do you?" Natalie chimed in as well. "I think he had a lot to do with this. I mean, nobody ever found his body in the Tidal Basin, nor in the building that was hit back in May. Perhaps he's been providing Pirce with the means to enhance the children." Jay replied, "It wasn't just children being enhanced. A handful of teenagers and young adults volunteered as well some months back." Jay then pulled out his phone and plugged it into a projector. "These are two of the volunteers that signed on with IATO about two years ago. I found their papers in Chernobyl. Their names are William Sebastian Turner and Samantha Grim. They both signed on after a spike in crime rates in their home town of Chicago. But they never seemed to have used their enhanced abilities on people besides drug dealers, serial killers and common criminals, perhaps they took the powers and did their own thing." Nicole said "Wannabes?" Rob intervened "Maybe if we find them, we can find out what was going on, and bring this whole chapter in our lives to a close and move on to better things." Jay took a closer look at the tri knife that killed Pierce. He had seen the blade before at the IATO building.

Jay decided to suit up as Bluestone to investigate at the remains of the building. "Where ya headed?" Natalie asked. Bluestone replied "I'm going out; I'll be back in a few hours. Nicole, Rob, please keep an eye on Amber this time". Bluestone the jumped into a grey and blue BMW i8 and drove off. "What now?" Natalie asked. Rob put on his mask and replies "We spar. I've really wanted to know how deadly you are with your new powers." While Stone was strong, Amber was cunning. She relied on her speed and timing to give her the upper hand. "You're sloppy Amber." Ruby chimed in. Amber replied "No, I'm just very uninterested." "Get yourself interested then Amber. This is no joke." Ruby then threw a punch at Amber. "We're facing tougher challenges. It's no longer us facing petty threats of average criminals." Ruby shot fireballs at Amber, but she drew her shield and blocked them. "We're facing people that can prove to be deadlier than us, as you saw last night." Stone then moved a large rock, and lunged another rock at her. Amber didn't have enough time to respond, and got hit by the rock. She quickly protected herself from hitting the wall by generating a bubble around herself. Amber then said "I'm not the person who is unprepared for these enhanced. If I were you, I would get yourselves together." Amber than launched balls of fire at Stone, and launched rocks at Ruby. The two were both stunned to see her use a new power, and were blindsided. With Ruby and Stone stunned, she launched energy spheres at their hands, and pushed them against a wall. Stone was shocked by Amber's newfound strength, and said. "I guess you are ready for what's coming. Now please put us down."