Chapter IV: The Secret Meeting

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

November 8th 

1am

In the night, one shadow was lurking. Making his way across many different monuments towards the one that started the United States as a nation. As he made his way over the dome, there were figures entering. They were wearing white masks with eyeholes. The hooded shadow made his way in after everyone else. When he entered, there was a bright light, and he could see the masked men. One was wearing a white tuxedo, while the rest wore all black. The one in white began speaking. He was about six feet, and was a bit plump. "Onyx. Have you found a potential prodigy for the ritual?" Onyx responded "I have, Headmaster. She's an Elite. The very one who was crippled months ago. I sense that she is willing to defect. She's rebellious, and far more dangerous. All she needs is a small push in the right direction. She will serve as the perfect asset to lead by my side." Headmaster responded "Perhaps that is so, but you would have to bring her to me. Your Night Hunters had a run in with the Elites leader earlier this evening." Onyx replied "I can assure you that they are highly lethal and effective. If Bluestone isn't dead, he was left to die." Headmaster interrupted "I need them dead, at any cost! You are to stay alive as long as necessary so that we may secure our grip. Now, there are some individuals we're looking at. I need you to find them, and my hitmen will do the rest. Their main guy is 16-year-old Jayson Thomas. Our resources say that he was on a flight from Russia to Washington yesterday." Onyx replied "Your resources have been proven to be correct. They are in DC, returning to Miami tomorrow. That's when you'll get them." "Then I think we're in business. We have many more soldiers being made as we speak. Find the Elite, so we can move on to our next phase." The meeting then ended, and everyone left. Onyx knew what he had to do, he got back in his Pagani, and drove back to DC.

When Amber returned to the building, she saw that all the lights were off. She threw a sphere at the window seven stories up, and opened it. Upon climbing in the window, the lights suddenly turned on. Jay was sitting in a chair right in the center, and Nicole was tending to his wounds. She had just started putting in stitches "Where the hell have you been Nat!? You were supposed to stay here!" Jay was mad, and the large gashes in his back didn't make things better. Natalie replied emotionally "What, so I'm a prisoner in my own home. I have these powers, yet you bury me in a useless position just to keep me out of the way!" Rob then asked "What's that behind your back?" Nat replied "Nothing. There is nothing behind my back..." Rob then pulled a blue spiraled dagger out of her pocket and tossed it to Jay. He recognized it immediately. "Where did you get this?" He asked. "It's a token from a friend." Nat responded. Jay replied "I don't think you understand; this is part of something much bigger than you. Whoever gave you that was there in Chernobyl. He's using you to get something out of us. I can't let you keep this." He then got up and placed the knife in a container, and locked it. "And now I'm gonna have to make some changes to make you easier to find. We're headed back to Miami tomorrow, and then we're getting back to work." Jay went to his own room. Rob said to Natalie "You really played me for a fool." Nat replied "It wasn't that hard."