Chapter VIII: Silent Death

10:30 pm

Miami, FL

Outside of a luxurious restaurant on Brickell, a black Pagani drove up. Out stepped a man dressed in a black tuxedo. His skin was pale, and he had blonde hair, and green eyes. He was greeted by two men in tuxedos. "Good evening Mr. O'Neil. The Headmaster will see you now." O'Neil was escorted to the kitchen and met by a man in a mask. "Walk with me child" The Headmaster said. The two walked down a hallway and towards a wall. The Headmaster placed his hand on the wall. Suddenly, doors opened up to reveal an elevator. Headmaster stepped in and asked "You coming?" O'Neil then stepped in and the elevator took them below the aquifer into a large underwater building.

As they stepped out of the elevator, there were people in masks everywhere. And along the floor, there were hundreds of black boxes that looked like tombs. Two men in masks and lab coats came up to them and guided them towards a stairwell that led below. Underneath, there were countless pods with human like beings inside of them. "Magnificent, isn't it?" Headmaster said. "I don't understand. What are those things? Why are they like that?" O'Neil said. "Simply put, they are your new army. Clones of Shinobi from 15th century Japan. The world's finest mercenaries and assassins. Preserved in these fluids in order to keep their bodies in peak physical condition. And keeps their minds obedient to one voice, and only one voice. You are that voice Onyx. But there is a catch. The cloning process is still flawed. These prototypes will only last a day at a time, before having to return for regeneration. The cells degenerate over short periods of time." Onyx replied "So you made immortal assassins that only last for one day at a time." "Precisely" Headmaster replied. "And they will be yours to control once the process is complete within the next day or so." A gauge started beeping. The temperature was rising to around ninety degrees. "Get that temperature down now. Or they'll melt. I forgot to mention, they aren't heat resistant now. That's something we're still working on. That should be done by the next week." Headmaster said coolly. Suddenly, a phone started ringing. O'Neil picked up the phone and saw that it was coming from the disposable phone he had given Amber. "That's my recruit. It appears she's gone blackguard." Onyx said Headmaster then stepped forward with a briefcase and said "You might want this Onyx." The briefcase held the Onyx Armor, as well as 2 metallic gauntlets with knives on the inside. It was all black, with silver parts added on. "I must go." Onyx said, as he stepped into the elevator. He put on the new armor and ran, with the night as his cloak.