Chapter V: The Way Back

Washington, D.C

November 9th

As the shuttle bus drove up to the apartment complex, The Elites had just finished eating breakfast in the café. The sun had not even risen yet. The shuttle was blue with tinted windows. Within minutes, they were headed to the airport. The ride went fairly smoothly, until the driver made a wrong turn. Nicole was the first to notice this and she decided to say something. "Sir? You just passed the exit for the airport." No response. Suddenly, there was a hissing noise coming from the Air Conditioning. It was releasing a knockout gas inside the vehicle. It was a trap. Everything started spinning, twisting and turning on itself repeatedly, the Elites couldn't even stand straight. The van pulled over, and the doors were opened by men in white masks. Jay asked in a startled tone "Who are you? What the hell is this?" The man in the mask replied: "This is an opportunity. And one you shouldn't soon forget." The masked man then injected each of them with a fluid as they each passed out. And then they put masks over their heads.

Everything was pitchblack, but the floor was moving. They could hear a shaft moving. They were inan elevator going down. When the doors opened, they were pushed out, and themasks were taken off to reveal a large group of people. They were dressed inall black tuxedos and pantsuits with white masks. But one stood on a pedestalat the front. He was wearing a white suit, and a black mask. The one in whitebegan speaking. "Good Morning, I see you all slept well." Nicole asked "Wherethe hell are we? And who are you?" The man replied "I am Headmaster, and thisis the Society of Rogues. We fund some of the country's greatest assets throughanonymous donations. And after looking at your records, we see you all do quitea bit of interacting with the government. Including receiving a Nobel Prize andworking closely with President Obama during his last years in office. Makes youa very valuable piece to the group." Rob interrupted "Why did you bring us herethen?" Headmaster replied in a steady tone "We want you to join our initiative.You could prove to be a valuable." Natalie chimed in "And what happens if wewere to say no?" "Then our assets will find you. We cannot take the risk ofbeing exposed by a witness, and therefore you would all be executed."Headmaster replied. It was clear that he wasn't fooling around. A table rosefrom the floor, and four white masks with silver highlights were on it. Nicolesaid quickly "As if we'd ever join your little cult..." Before she could finishher sentence, Jay had covered her mouth and picked up one mask and examined itclosely. He then placed a tiny dot on the inside. "As interesting as this offersounds, we will have to think on it... What are you going to do about the Elites?I hear they don't quite like underground societies, especially with their ownspecial tactical forces." The Headmaster responded "No need to worry aboutthem, we have somebody on their case already. Now get them out of here!" Guardsput masks back on their heads, more gas was let in the room. When they woke up,they were in the shuttle again. And they had just arrived at the airport. Itwas already 11 am, six hours after they were supposed to leave.