Chapter 10

Katie shivered from the cold, the wind picking up. The sky getting darker.
"What is the time?" Mikey asked the other two.
"My watch broke when I jumped into the River," Bucky sighed.
"Leo and Lorenzo are gonna be mad," Katie panicked. Bucky grabbed her arm.
"I feel like an awkward third wheel now," Micheal pouted.
"Don't Mikey, we need your brains," Katie told her brother.
"Calm down sweetheart. We will follow the river back towards the town," Bucky said reassuringly.
"Okay, sounds like a good idea," Katie decided, starting to make her way back to the river.
"Wait! I have two glass test tubes with me. I can get a blood sample and some of the poison," Micheal exclaimed as he pulled the two small glass tubes out of his pockets. He collected the strange green liquid on the rocks and collected some blood that was on Mr Church's face.
"Let's go Mikey," Bucky said, leading the blonde boy away. Katie sighed and walked down the river.
"Guys, there aren't wolves in here are there?" Katie asked.
"No, the only wolves left in this country wouldn't be left in the wild or they would die out," Mikey explained.
"Good. Let's get home before anyone suspects we are missing," Bucky finished as they walked.